Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Isle Of Man

Daniel @ Jan. 15 2006,14:15)]http://www.photocycles.com/galleryimages/TT%202005/cregnybaa.jpg[/img]

Round that bend? Ouch. tounge2.gif

...and a huge bill for the medevac flight...

O.T @ RockOfSL: They charge you for medevac?? wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Looking really good for such a barren island. I like the rolling hills. Looking forward to a realistic (although good luck with all those hills) road network thumbs-up.gif

Seeing as this is an accurate scanned DEM of the area, aslong as the roads are placed correctly, they should be as banked as they are meant to be. Although that could depend on how detailed the DEM is.

I suggest Ordnance Survey online. Has pretty much everything. I'm checking out that mpa thing now though.

Thanks for the comments lads

From what i can gather, 3 versions might be in order

1.) "Naked" version for MP and 5000m view distance

2.) A Bis standard version using 1.46/1.96 Objects and textures

3.) A Custom version with detailed terrain, grass, hedges, roads ec ect, including custom ground textures.

Thats not a problem. Due to scale of this project i can only work on this when i have the time, im not going to set any deadlines ect, but i will update this thred as much as i can.

The island will include the race circuit as it will have all road networks as standard as in real life. And new road textures.

Does anyone in fact live in the isle of man just out of curiosity, i would be happy to hear any information that you might be able to offer, i have a lot of high res pics of the area, and also used google earth to get a good understanding on the "weathering" so the ground textures will be realistic and not just a carpet of green.

BAM, if you can provide any info/pics that would be great!, i know you made a UK objects pack a while back, might be a idea to allow me to include them perhaps?

And anyone who has any modeling skills, and fancies modeling a few items for this island would go down a treat. Would speed things up most definitely.

Anyway im away to start on this puppy, should have some screens in a few days.

Thanks chaps

Nick smile_o.gif

Just a suggestion, Nick -

on the custom version, could you please:-

make at least one military base, using Barracken?

and

please use RKSL's runway textures.

If you feel like it, that is. Keep up the good work.

Well, I didn't mean that you should only be using original objects. I just ment vegetation.

Of course, a military base could use the Baracken addon or the airport the Airport addon, and why not using maybe AGS Harbour Kit for the island. I only wanted to say that everything that is avaiable originally, use the original, people can replace it themself. Everything that's not avaiable, do with custom addons.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Jan. 17 2006,21:05)]There isn't any landscape area for an airport.

Well there should be on the South East corner...

iomaviation.jpg

Old Aviation chart extract.

Infact there is one main airport near the main town of Douglas, just S/E of the area. Thats the main one anyhow, there are a few small grass strips dotted about.

iomdouglasairport0tg.jpg

Wow, big airstrip for such a small island. Ive got some relatives who went on holiday there, i'll see if i can get my hands on some of their snaps.

Its only a small airport by Castletown if I recall from visiting there many years ago.

Thats right Ash, its called Ronaldsway...my grandmother was born there and I went on holiday there last year.

Got some nice photos of some Harrier at Ronaldsway smile_o.gif

Also I don't know if this has come up but its Snaefell...not Suaefell :P

Looking good though