Sign in to follow this  
Huk256

Few questions

I have got a few questions about this version:

1.If I run a mp session using Flashpoint 1.46 (in directplay) is there a posibility that data loss will ocure? (I mean that this http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=31146 will happen)

2.I have Polish Flashpoint called "Edycja platynowa" (I think this is polish GOTY version right?) and i would like to know if I start a MP session in classic flashpoint (ver 1.46 tho one included in my "GOTY" edition) and my friend will try to connect to me using "normal" flashpoint 1.46 (upgraded from ver 1.00) will we be able to play?

3.Will Voice over net build in Flashpoint retur in socets some day? (meaby in next patch?)

Sorry for my english.

Back in 1.46 days i dont recall this ever happening, i think this directplay issue came with resistance or one of the resistance patches?

And you should have given resistance to your friend this xmas anyway, more fun for both of you whistle.gif .

When you have the GOTY edition (Game Of The Year), there will be 3 CD`s in your OFP Cover. Install them all, than patch to 1.96.

I don`t see any reason to play 1.46 when you have the Resistance expanson, it looks much better and is more bugfree.

I don`t see any reason to play 1.46 when you have the Resistance expanson, it looks much better and is more bugfree.

Because his friend doesnt have resistance? I wont call someone who doesnt have resistance a friend though biggrin_o.gif .

Well I have 3 cd's but only two of them are for game instalstion (cd 3 is audio with music from flashpoint). Please don't tell me "I don't see any reason to play 1.46 while I have resistant" because ?I have my reasons (My friend have 1.46 only and I wan't to play using build in VON not TS or ventrillo or any other program)

So will we be able to connect with each other?

As i never played multiplayer games when i had 1.46 installed, i can`t give you an answer about that. I hope someone has the info for you.

To your 3. point there is an clear answer, patch 1.96 is the final patch for OFP Resistance. The next new stuff we will see from BIS is Armed Assault. smile_o.gif

Placebo was kind enough to make a patching guide

smile_o.gif .

And acording to TAV's FAQ 1.46 is already installed in GOTY.

My game is not the goty but i think you can run either resistance or 1.46, you will need to launch 1.46 to play with your friend and then convince him about how much better resistance is, even the netcode smile_o.gif .

I read somewhere, didn`t remember where or when it was, when you want to play 1.46, you must patch CWC to 1.46 before installing Resistance. I think it was in the readme of the old version from the BOH mod.

I read somewhere, didn`t remember where or when it was, when you want to play 1.46, you must patch CWC to 1.46 before installing Resistance. I think it was in the readme of the old version from the BOH mod.

Thats if you have normal (1.0) or golden (1.30) version of OPF plus seperate resistance copy and wish to play old version 1.46, but GOTY users already have their original OPF exe patched to 1.46 acording to TAV's FAQ .

So he will just have to run the first OPF disk's exe i guess smile_o.gif .

Thanks for the answears. I am a bit pissed of on BIS right now about VON in resistant (meaby they change their mind and make some patch anyway... sad_o.gif ).

If this works, why not. If Resistance is installed, this would be the easier way.

No, we will not get another patch for OFP. The next patch that we become from BIS, will be for Armed Assault.