Sign in to follow this  
astatine

White-Out at Night-time

Apologies if this has been answered before, but a search/browse yeilded no results.

Okay, so my problem is that the screen periodically whites out, like this dscf15498mo.jpg

It happens pretty randomly, but when playing night-time missions it occurs almost every 60 seconds. I find the problem is worse in Multiplayer.

Ive done a fresh install of OFP, everything is in modfolders, im only using ECP and the UKF addons. Ive tried doing the -nomap command as that was suggested in some threads for people with greenouts. Ive also updated my graphics card drivers (GeForce 6800 LE) to the latest version from the NVidia site.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I suppose it's the drivers.. As OFP is more than four years old the usual tip of getting the latest drivers isn't that good.

So I suggest that you try different drivers and perhaps try lowering the AGP speed etc. until you've come up with something that works. If it's a AGP8x card try lowering it to 4x.

Quote[/b] ]So I suggest that you try different drivers and perhaps try lowering the AGP speed etc. until you've come up with something that works. If it's a AGP8x card try lowering it to 4x.

How would I go about doing this? Theres no option for it in the drivers settings bit. Will this effect my ability to play other games?

Thanks for the reply smile_o.gif

depends what other games you have ? if their all modern then it might but if there older they will probaly run the same

Ive not experienced anything like this with other oldish games that I have played (Hidden and Dangerous, Deus Ex, Half Life etc).

My touble is that if I change the AGP speed, will that impair me from playing newer games like Half Life 2, Black and White 2, etc?

Thanks

Ive not experienced anything like this with other oldish games that I have played (Hidden and Dangerous, Deus Ex, Half Life etc).

My touble is that if I change the AGP speed, will that impair me from playing newer games like Half Life 2, Black and White 2, etc?

Thanks

No, the games will basically work as normally. If you are still disappointed with the result you can always change it back.

If your graphics card option doesn't allow you to change the AGP speed you could check if your BIOS allows you to. If that doesn't work I guess the only thing remaining is to google for a tool.

yai ahve strange problem sometimes and i havea bfg 7800gt oc 256mb.. i have crazy things happen to me like i will be flying, but the ground will turn grey and everything starts spazzing out. so its prolly your drivers.