Sign in to follow this  
Martin_BM

Steyr Aug - black replacement

Hi

I was boring with BIS Aug and I've decided to make replacement. This is only CS skin hack but I like this much better that BIS model. And moust important think is like in MP5 pack that i'am not taking any credits for this addon - look readme file.

Please make copy of original STEYR.pbo before instaling this.

sreyr20mf.th.jpg

Steyr AUG

Cool, gonna try it now. Wouldn't it be better to make the Steyr as a seperate weapon rather than replacing the original?

Looks nice, but the I prefer the green 'millitary' version. ADF has some deadly variants too.

Really nice replacement!

Only bad thing about it is that it doesn't have a shadow. huh.gif

Is it hard to make one?

Maybe you could make a quick fix, or tell me how to do it?

Really nice replacement!

Only bad thing about it is that it doesn't have a shadow. huh.gif

Is it hard to make one?

Maybe you could make a quick fix, or tell me how to do it?

I dont know why its not working sad_o.gif

One LOD has to have less than (or as close as possible) to approximately 300 faces for a shadow to be rendered. In every LOD EXCEPT the one with less than 300 faces and including the memory LOD, add a named property called "lodnoshadow" and give it the value of 1

That should fix it.

Binarizing "optimises" the model. It'll turn an ~1.1mb MLOD unit model into a ~356kb ODOL model for example. It also enables the use of cfgmaterials (whereby you set how textures display lighting etc), which wont work on MLOD models. I tend to Binarize most of my releases, but thats mainly because most of them contain a lot of individual models, so its handy to cut down the size as much as possible.

One note of caution, Binarize wont copy over sound files, or textures that aren't directly used by the models in the directory you Binarized (e.g. inventory images), so you will manually need to copy these into the opt/steyr folder before you pack the PBO.