Sign in to follow this  
bigsouth1981

These forums?

Why is it that almost every topic that is going to start a decent educated debate gets locked by the mods?. This is extremley prevelant in the Armed assault forum where almost anything of interest that could spark a decent debate (god forbid) is locked. Thats why there is hardly any activity there. I dont suppose there was much point in posting this as it will most probably be locked or moved, although it is an off topic question correctly posted in a off topic forum.

I hope the mods have the decency to let this remain open when I ask "Does anyone else think that the mods are a touch over zealous??"

Before it is closed I will put in my two cents. I will admit sometimes they can be but I would say a good 99% of the time they are right. Most the topics in the ArmA section break the rules that are stated in that forum and many of the topics that get closed in this section are closed either A.) For breaking the rules or B.) Flaming (which I guess is technically breaking the rules.)

Ex. The best Army in the world one would just end up turning into a war between people saying "My Country is better than yours because bla bla bla bla" and it will never get answered it would just be people's opinions over and over again argueing all the time.

My 2 Cents

Jakerod

personally I thought that this is probably one of the only forums around where that question would honestly be answered because of the fact that the average OFP fan is more mature and has more brain cells that your "n00b kILLeR" counterstrike playing morons that seem to infiltrate other forums, thats why I posted it anyhow.............

lol "no rolling. closing." pff and i thought that was a decent topic whistle.gif

let's see - first rule. don't open threads to ask why the other thread was closed. use PM or use 'Ask a mod' thread pinned above.

but tonight i'm feeling kinda generous so i'll give you my response and share it with public.

unfortunately, although this forum is mature compared to other forums, it still has its moments of problem, and the thread about "the best army" is a very good guarantee that it will go south fast. you are assuming that replies will be educated. welcome to internet where it is definitely not. this kind of topic has been dealt with long before and has 100% rate (or damn near) of becoming nationalism masturbation.

on topic of Arma section, the reason is because people can't seem to understand that at this point 1)there is no chance of some feature added in 2)the suggestions overlap with next gen game suggestions. There is no need for duplicacy.

Although this is called 'Offtopic' there is ceratin guidelines that we have, i.e. description of what the nature of discussion should be.

Quote[/b] ]I hope the mods have the decency to let this remain open when I ask "Does anyone else think that the mods are a touch over zealous??"

check the forum rules again. no discussion of how the forum is moderated.