Sign in to follow this  
TheBladeRoden

Ditched my SB Live...

I thought the problem might have been unique to SOund Blaster Live! but when I replaced it with my Audigy 2 ZS Gamer the staticky sound is still there.

My chipset is Nforce3, so it isn't the Via problem. My Sound Card driver has been updated to 5.12.2.444. Neither Alt-tabbing nor changing the registry turbo value have solved the problem.

Here's my complete specs.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Processor: Athlon 64 3000

Graphics Card: eVGA NVidia 6800 GT 256MB

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

Memory: 1GB Corsair DDR PC-3200 VS512MB400C3

Motherboard: Chaintech VNF3-250

Direct X: 9.0c

Hard drive: Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 160GB + Western Digital WD800 80GB

Power Supply: Thermaltake Purepower 420W

Speakers: Creative Inspire P5800 5.1

Anyone have more ideas?

I know only one way to fix this problem. Let`s wait for Armed Assault, with that modern hardware will be supported. Btw. i´m running OPF with an Audugy2 without problems under Win2k. smile_o.gif

Their's always been problems over the years with sound ,and it's not only with sound blaster live cards! I know because i read not only this forum but others as well.I think their is some sort of complicated bug that is very hard to identifi.I had a problem with a CMI audio card and it took me a long time to sort out. I to hope that in the next game bis as got this sorted.

I had the snapping and crackling sound with my SB Live for a long while and could never find a fix. Strangely, for me it was something incredibly simple.

All I did was open the volume control and see to it that all my volume sliders were set to around the middle, and of course turned the physical volume knob on my speakers up to compensate. Before I checked a lot of them were maxed out and I think it was 'overdriving' things a bit.

After making this very simple change, the snapping and crackling went completely away and hasn't returned.

I wish it was that simple for everyone, but it's something very easy to try out.

datter