Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

Favorite Movie

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NVA Killer @ Jan. 19 2002,05:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah, bridge on the river kwai was defenantly a good movie<span id='postcolor'>

while we're at it. Did you see The Guns of Navarone?

I suppose it's not THAT good compared to many new films, but I liked it a lot back then.

smile.gif

nope never had

best vietnam movie ive ever seen, platoon. i finally saw Full Metal Jacket a few weeks back, and i thought it kind of sucked.

i wont call that a lot of choices and where are movies like Terminator 2, Predator 1 and 2, and what about the alien 1 2 3 and 4. all these movies (except for alien 3 and 4) or for sure a clasic. ooh yeah and the best sceince fiction movie ever 2001 a space oddesey (god what ppl thought about the close future. it would make u laugh) there are also way more good movies and not all have violance (or just a bit) like the hurricane.

I think enemy at the gates was a good movie story (was a bit) historicly correct. to bad they all had an english or american accent and non of them spoke russian or german (god i think that sucked cuz german and russian are kewl languages)

almost forgot many ppl say star wars and ster trek and all those space movies and series shouldnt have soundeffects for stuff happening in outer space but wouldnt it be boring to have no sounds with em (just put ur tv on mute and see)

Thats why Kubrick used music in 2001 Diablo. Though I do agree about a little sound making it more enjoyable, what would an X-Wing be like without the sound of blasters?!?!? and the Tie Fighter without its woosh.

Still I have noticed that more modern sci-fi has begun to make exterior sound less obvious, so maybe its not that much of an issue for fussy error spotters anymore!!!

Ohh and my choices for favourite movie(s) are:

Bladerunner;

Terminator and Terminator 2

Braveheart

The Matrix

Gladiator and Spartacus

and on and on and on.............

I have so many, they all hold different kinds of appeal for me.