Sign in to follow this  
fasdandantalis

My Iraq Deployment 2003-2003

I am thinking about trying to start a journal/story of my Iraq deployment with the 101st Airborne Division from March '03 to January '2004 and i was intrested if i could get the permission to post my story and update it with pictures if i could?

I absolutely encourage you. Just please don't post any pics of gore/bodies, etc. you might have. smile_o.gif

*holds envelope to forehead*

Mosul....replaced by 2 ID....

I could be wrong.....

Or was it Feburary that we came to Mosul.....

Regardless, would love to hear your story man. smile_o.gif

I'd love to hear ya story. Heys PINS. You got any good storys.

Why dont we have a Military story thread wink_o.gif

Why dont we have a Military story thread wink_o.gif

We should have a military subforum confused_o.gif

Would love to hear about your deployment in Iraq smile_o.gif

I'd definately read it. I may be going there somewhat soon.

Harnu- I thought US was pulling troops out now. huh.gif

Harnu- I thought US was pulling troops out now. huh.gif

Still gotta rotate fresh people in as tours end and units lose NCOs and such as their enlistments end.

ohh ok. Talk in the news paper is saying when britan and US start reducing troops Australia might find it self stranded in Iraq.  sad_o.gif

Damn, fasdandantalis please do so. And make sure you give proof enough that you are trustworthy, you know there is often these people around that destroy the entire tension of a good experience based thread with "this cant be true, cause the XXXX wasnt in Mossul the 23rd of April, they were in XXX.

There are tons of forums on the net in which there are soldiers around, but I have seen none so far that speaks of real experiences.

And dont forget to stress your own emotions in certain situations. These are especially interesting (at least to me) cause they represent the human factor in the function!

Waiting desperately,

Albert thumbs-up.gif

hell do so, its time to shut those Mr."know-it-all" military idiot(though they think they are smart) up and tell us more about what acturaly happened there

(i have meet some american asian soldier making blog such as that, but there is just too much idiot there yelling "oh it is fake all the XXX unit is at XXX doing XXX" or "oh he is fake, look he doesnt even what an RPG really is "etc)

hell do so, its time to shut those Mr."know-it-all" military idiot(though they think they are smart) up and tell us more about what acturaly happened there

I love that! tounge2.gif Hell I agree with you .. damn I do! rofl.gif

We had Baskin-Robbins at Doha.  nener.gif

Bah, Kuwait had everything. mad_o.gif

Even got to wear civvies every once and a while crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif

Here is a 'condensed' version of PiNs experience:

Initial Impressions Report (>400k PDF) (Stryker Brigade Combat Team 1, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry)

Some interesting stuff in there. Sometimes sounds like there were RPGs continuously flying around the Strykers  crazy_o.gif

You just have to hope that the insurgents do not read certain parts and learn their own lessons from it...

Some more documents from 'Center for Army Lessons Learned (CALL) Products' can be found here (bet you find more by a Google search) Globalsecurity.org CALL Index

Edit: Well, a quick search brought me right there to the CALL itself: CALL.

They have a public library I had just a short look; might be interesting...

"Throwing rocks and local hand signals help to control traffic while moving"

LOL

/sings "Memories"

Well, I sure as hell didn't read all of it, but what I did read proves that all the talking I, and all the other Brigade soldiers, (read: bitching) did to the high up brass that came around asking questions, didn't go to waste. Which is a comfort.

But good lordy, they did some hefty enemy "complimenting" in that thing, eh? O well, in the long run, this will only help us complete whatever job may be assigned to us.

Also, I have no idea when they started conducting IED sweep operations like that, but it sure as hell wasn't when I was there doing them. If I read it right, it said only one engineer team is used? Hmm. But, if thats what 1-25th is doing, and it is effective, then more power to them. (Come home safe brothers) Doesn't sound like a bad idea anyways.

All in all, good read, and can provide some insight to non-military personel at some of the "technical difficulties" a unit faces in a combat zone.