Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Combined Air-Land-Sea campaign

Quote[/b] ]So, there is a kind of golden oppoturnity for some creative people to create a multiplayer campaign based on Air War (F4:AF), Land War (OFP) and Naval War (DW) each affecting the others with some cleverly set out rules.

There was a post from a Dutch F4 clan a while back. Did not generate much interest though sad_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=46071

Quote[/b] ]I was just thinking. Given what we know about Armed Assault, especially the JiP capability, it might be VERY possible to create a kind of mini-WWIIOL experience, where there's a server up 24/7 with people coming and going as they can and fighting a combined air-land-sea campaign. Of course, this can be made simpler with some engine limitations lifted or improved (larger naval vessels, improved simulator experiences in aircraft) but it would help negate the need to play over three different games.

I think it's possible, thats my long term goal. I don't know about improved simulation, but the increased map sizes, improved net code and JIP bring it that bit closer.

I got my original copy of F4 lying around somewhere ...

Can you post a list of links of all the stuff i need to patch/update an original install of falcon, or is it waaaaay too long ?

Been meaning to reinstall a few times now over the years but when visiting the Falcon forums and seeing the downloads just makes my courage to do it sink into my boots.

Uhh.. I am not 100% sure but the original falcon 4 might not do. You need the Allied Force re-release that has new features and fixes.

But like I said, I am not 100% sure.

So far the dangerous waters part has been having more players than the falcon 4 part.. might change when I get a working joystick. Friendlies beware! nener.gif

How do you guys play DW? Each person commands a different asset, or you multicrew one or two assets?

How do you guys play DW? Each person commands a different asset, or you multicrew one or two assets?

So far one person per ship.. then again I could have used an extra hand when I was trying to track radar contacts, put out sonobuyos, fire torpedoes and dodge incoming ones at the same time in the last game playing on USS Reuben James (FFG-7) tounge2.gif

USS Reuben James sank valiantly blocking two torpedoes from hitting a cargo ship which was bringing supplies to Marines on Maldevic...The Foxtrot sub which was responsible for this was later torpedoed by USS Santa Fe, a 688(i) attack sub.

Anyways the campaign is a bit stuck at the moment since Marines don't get their act together on the ground...