Sign in to follow this  
exigent

Nvidia drivers and other help

Ok i have a Nvidia TNT2 and i need to find the latest drivers for it? Can someone help, i can't find em on nvidia.com.

Also where do i go to choose what programs i want to start when i restart/turn of my pc?

There are two very small freeware programs I use and very much like which 1. Let you choose which programs start with windows (Startup control panel) and 2. Let you know whenever something is trying to let itself start with windows (startup monitor), they're both by Mike Lin and available on his website http://www.mlin.net/

As for graphics driver simply go to

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp and then follow the prompts, should be quite clear how to get drivers from there, I'm sure it goes without saying that 1. Your card is very old and 2. Most likely getting the newest drivers will kill Opf for your card.

I remeber someone telling me that you have to go into the control panel and go somewhere else etc. to access the thing where you can decide what programs to turn on or off (i remeber doing it to).

As for the nvidia drivers, i go to Graphics Drivers>GeForces and TNT2>Windows XP/2000

But when i download it and try to install it, it says this is not compaitable for your video card or something like that. I have Windows XP.

I remeber someone telling me that you have to go into the control panel and go somewhere else etc.

There are a number of ways you can do it, I'm providing you with a very simple one smile_o.gif

As for the graphics card drivers, perhaps try ones from the website of the manufacturer of the graphics card?

1. I installed thaat program but where do i go to access it?

2.When i try installing that driver it says:

Error

The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Leads me to believe you prolly "don't" have a Nvidia card.

Edit: trying to think of an easy way to find out exactly what you have.

Best way is hardware properties,you could also right click your desktop and see what drivers and type of card is loaded

Lol, i do have a nvidia video card. I even have the box, im looking at it right now. Also:

Right click My Computer> System Properties> Hardware>Device Manger> Display adapters>Nvidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (Microsoft Corporation)

That is exactly what it says lol. smile_o.gif

Placepbo: How do i access that program?

Also can someone help me with me driver problem please? sad_o.gif

Hard to say without looking at it physically.

The drivers that are installed for your card are Generic Microsoft ones that XP would install from the looks.

Make note that your video card appears to be a TNT M64 model.I am pretty sure the drivers are the same but by chance seek M64 type drivers.

You say you are looking at the box.Best bet would be to travel to the OEM (the manufacturer) site and download the specific drivers for your card.

You also didn't state whether it a PCI or AGP video card.

Only thing I can think offhand if your drivers wont install is that possibly a IRQ conflict and your card isn't being detected.

Sure XP can share IRQ's but depends what its sharing with.

Often USB or Network IRQ is fine.Hard drive controller however is not.

Hard to say without more information

edit: I suspect your chipset drivers also

It's a VGA card. Also i have a CD that came with the card. Where i can install drivers. But i think they're old ones. But before i install it says it detected other drivers on my pc and that i should uninstall them, how do i do this. If i install the drivers from my cd then install new ones it might work.

Thanks for your help Placepbo.

Thanks a lot, i'll try installing the drivers from the cd then from the site smile_o.gif.

Still didn't work, maybe it's the wrong drivers? sad_o.gif

I went to their site and went to Drivers and Software.

http://www.xfxforce.com/web/support/drivers.jspa

1. File Type:

Video Card Drivers

Under product name it doesn't have nvidia tnt2?!!!! But they have it under:

Products>Video cards>TNT series>Nvidia tnt 2

because i think tnt isn't construced by nvidia wink_o.gif

but i seems to be the right driver.

Raptor smile_o.gif

Great news! I finally got a driver to install. But i had to install old ones sad_o.gif . Thanks for all your help guys.