Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

OFP Addon Mania

I was wondering, we've been playing a lot of OFP for quite some time. We also use a lot of addons, and now comes my question.

I do know that the 'where to put addons' topic has been more than just covered, but I feel my questions are not answered in FAQ nor other topics, so here we go:

As said before, we use a lot of addons, I know you can put the addons in Addons\ Res\Addons\ or lets say @mymod\addons.

Now I have a problem here. When we change the custom addons (NOT THE ORIGINALS) location from Addons\ to @mymod\addons

and start playing multiplayer, 99% of all missions start moaning about 'missing addons', while the missions don't make use of that specific addon, now, since we changed the addons to a mod folder, it starts complaining in almost every mission, that it needs specific addons. I am totally clueless, I see mods and other addons all promote the 'modfolder' way, BUT somehow when I put the addons in a mod folder, and boot up the game with -nomap and the -mod paramater, we get problems.

The addons that causes problems here: apacsnow and zombie

(there where some more but can't remember it)

So I was wondering, is this a known problem, am I doing something wrong? Should I maybe split it up more like all BAS addons in @BAS, all MAP addons in @MAP and so on? I really can't understand why it doesn't work here. Going nuts already smile_o.gif

I was thinking maybe the addons that it starts complaining about..just put them in the addons or res\addons folders, but hey, then I am not running with clean addons folders, so then IMHO the whole idea behind putting the addons in mod folders dissapears sad_o.gif

Hope someone can help me out, instead of getting an reply: This has already been covered. Cause really, I can't find the answers anywhere sad_o.gif

Thanks in advance!

Some addons MUST be in the Addons or Res\Addons folder to work. I don`t know why this is, but it is a long known problem (to me).