Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Any good naval/boat missions?

Does anyone know of any good naval based missions? I've seen quite a few where you get inserted by boat, but I'm talking either maratime battles between boats, or maybe "island hopping" in a ship...

Are you talking coop only? I do have a mission I made back in the 1.3 days named "Island Hopping". It's on Malden but none of the battles take place at sea. Rather, black ops are using them to clear some small islands. I also have a couple on Nogova that are part of a small series and one of them requires that you go from island to island on the small island group south of Nogova and clear it out and then get to the bridge. Another one you assault the northern airport in boats, fight off some enemy boats and get chased by Mi24's.

But non of it involves anything larger than the PBR and east boat.

I do have a C&H called Coastal Campaign that uses a lot of ships from the CNCRTS addonpack which has destroyers, assault ships, AA ships and also a large cargo ship that can transport tanks. The objective is to capture the 4 small islands south of Nogova and hold them for a certain time to win.

Dunno if any of that is what you're looking for.

I'd be interested in seeing a mission like this too, because, frankly, I have no idea how a naval mission would/could work in OFP. Its a shame that all those naval addonmakers have never bothered to make a demo mission for their addons...

Problem is that most of the naval components needed to even basically simulate that do not exist in OFP.  If the core components and basic AI existed, I'm sure the community could whip up some very interesting missions with some REAL naval battles.

Even for just surface naval warfare, you need surface/air search radar, anti-ship missile support, reasonable seeker intellgence, and effective shipborne air defenses at realistic ranges.