Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Dynamic fences

Dear All,

I have since given up trying to sort this out for my nam mission but I am curious if it could ever be made to work. If you create a wire fence or any obstacle using either camcreate, createvehicle, or setpos then the AI simply walk straight through the fences as if they are not even there!! Is there any way to stop this? I saw that BIS managed it on one of the missions in the Red Hammer campaign.

I have heard that there is a tool which allows you to open BIS made single and campaign missions in the editor. Does anyone know where I could find this so I could open up that mission and se how they did it ?

Thanks wink_o.gif

Here you can find a tool to unpack the mission and campaign files. The unpacked missions goes to \users\username\missions.

Cheers mate. If I get it fixed I will come back to you and tell you how I did it biggrin_o.gif

I saw that BIS managed it on one of the missions in the Red Hammer campaign.

Red Hammer was by Codemasters and has nothing to do with BIS.

You learn something new every day biggrin_o.gif Hopefully I will still be able to figure out how they did it. At the moment I am too busy with my nam mission to look at it but I will do at some point. Probably over the weekend wink_o.gif

I saw that BIS managed it on one of the missions in the Red Hammer campaign.

Red Hammer was by Codemasters and has nothing to do with BIS.

Oh my god. I will never understand those capitalists. Codemasters worked with BIS. There's BIS's and CM's logo when game is loading. So why do you always point that CM != BIS? Why does it matter?

Because one is a developer and one is a distributor/publisher. It matters because it's like saying *Your Favourite band* and their record company are the same thing. wink_o.gif