eddyd

Admiral Kuznetsov GUNS and ROCKETS

im trying make maingun for the carrier

i have make a first model in O2

here is a screenshot and picture from it

www.eddyd.be

go be not easy for a noob addonmaker smile_o.gif

if someone will helping with this addon ,pm me

i go read brsseb tutorials very good , becaus this is no little gun but a big gun smile_o.gif

well it's not a little, it's not a big too, it's the Kashtan comlex! most powerfull ship anti-aircraft short range system!

Vulcan Phalanx is like a child comparing with it...

man, finaly someone decided to make Kuznetsov's superior weapons... it's great, finaly all world will know what it could do with it!

well it's not a little, it's not a big too, it's the Kashtan comlex! most powerfull ship anti-aircraft short range system!

Vulcan Phalanx is like a child comparing with it...

man, finaly someone decided to make Kuznetsov's superior weapons... it's great, finaly all world will know what it could do with it!

And what would YOU want to do with it??? unclesam.gif

smile_o.gif

Probably use it to keep the pesky neighbors away with their endless conversations for you about their boring lives.

Heh heh, anyways... biggrin_o.gif

I'm still working on a Phalanx addon now, but if you are bored and wanna try it out, could you see if you could whip up a decent Phalanx for the U.S. ships?  Just curious.

That Russian CIWS system looks great, no doubt about it.

Later,

Havoc.

I'm still working on a Phalanx addon now, but if you are bored and wanna try it out, could you see if you could whip up a decent Phalanx for the U.S. ships?  Just curious.

I didn't understood you, what do you mean whip up a decent Phalanx?

And what would YOU want to do with it???

I meant to say what Kuznetsov can do with Kashtan complexs...

Strange, and I thought the soviet CIWS was the ADMG-630 like the one featured on the Pauk-class corvette...

That's the same AK-630 gun(s) system used in the Kashtan. It has two, plus eight SA-19 SAMs. AFAIK, it's never been battle tested. I don't think it would perform very well against a Harpoon, or NSM missile attack, in a heavy jamming enviroment. And it's certainly not going to stop a MK48 torpedo. tounge_o.gif

Without heavy jamming on the Kirov or the Kunestov, I believe many SSM attacks would be futile unless done on more than 2 axis of attack (45 degrees of seperation or more) and more than 20 missiles per each axis (heavy SSM saturation).

Russian Point defense systems (close range SAM's and point defense guns) are very capable, probably a little better than the NATO equivalent in coverage area.  However the AEGIS system has the Russian ships beat in threat assesment and target engagement, not to mention the SPY radar system for AEGIS is less vulerable to heavy jamming.

Janes Fleet Command does a decent job of simulating the capabilities of these two unit's ability to thwart SSM attacks.

Well, jamming with SEAD attacks would effectively render the Kashtan complex practically useless. Again, it's never been battle tested in a real world situation. No one has fired a SSM at a Kirov or Kusnetsov in anger. Until they do, it's not really possible to make comparisons against Western counterparts. Sea RAM is probably a better SAM system for the PDS role.

Janes is pretty to look at most of the time, but Harpoon is more realistic.