Sign in to follow this  
DFP - Tim

error

After I play flashoint for a time my game freezes up 15 secunds, then it runs 5 secunds and freezes again.... and then it crashed. I've got as error cannot create 3d device. It happens in MP, but also in mission editor. Didn't test it in SP. my computer specs are P4 2.8ghz, 512 DDR400 ram, geforce fx5700LE 256mb ram.

what's the problem, how can i fix it. I have a lan party at home, we wanne play CTI but it isn't fun that the game crashed in the middle of the game.

greetz tim....

Hmm odd, "cannot create 3d device" usually means that your graphics driver installation or Directx installation are messed up, in theory if that's the case the game shouldn't start at all just fail with that error, can you run the Direct3d and DirectDraw ok in Directx's "Dxdiag"? are you using -nomap? (http://www.bistudio.com/Support/nomap.jpg) Do you have a soundblaster live soundcard?

I'm running whit nomap, I have installed flashpoint and my graphic drivers again. I'm using the last version of my graphic driver and directx. all tests in dxdiag are OK. I don't have a soundblaster card. I'm gone test my game again now. Let's hope it doesn't crash.

Hello,

I've got the same problem on a pentium IV 2.8, 512 mb memory, FX5900XT. And I've got a Soundblaster Live Platinum. What could be the problem with the soundcard? Could it also cause the out off memory problem?

The replies by Avon and myself will be relevant to you as well, answer them then we can move forward (hopefully) in solving your problem smile_o.gif

And I've got a Soundblaster Live Platinum. What could be the problem with the soundcard?

The problem could be that it's a SB Live card. Search The FAQ for "sb live". Note that FAQ item is not fully up-to-date. In a nutshell, SB Lives have been reported here as an OFP player's worst nightmare. ghostface.gif

Maybe he allocated more RAM to the game than he has in his PC? But I dont realy know.. simillar problem happened to me once played around with the settings!

Maybe he allocated more RAM to the game than he has in his PC? But I dont realy know.. simillar problem happened to me once played around with the settings!

An easy way to check this is to back up elsewhere and then delete the following two files:

\Operation Flashpoint\Flashpoint.cfg

\Operation Flashpoint\Users\yourPlayerName\Userinfo.cfg

Then run the OFPR Preferences program, click on AUTODETECT and then click on START.

I hope I've got it fixed.

Usually my OFP crashed after 15 or 20 minutes of playing.

Now I've downloaded and installed this:

NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver v0.7

from here :

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=955

and everything seems to be solved. I could play for 40 minutes and more without OFP crashing.

I've had this problem since I've installed FLASHFXUR 3.5, now it should be solved.

Never had any problem with my Soundblaster Live Platinum. I've had more problems with onboard audio and Hercules soundcards.

Stonedge, why didn`t you tried the official forceware drivers?

I think youre FX5900XT can run OFP without tweaked drivers.

Btw, I have an GeForceFX5900XT too, and it runs with the forceware drivers vers.66.81 without any problem. smile_o.gif