Sign in to follow this  
wi77ard

linux server and mod

hiya

we are renting a server from inx-gaming.co.uk which is great, but they are new to hosting flashpoint and we are new to linux servers.

What we would like is to use the @ECP mod and a few other addons which are in use within our clan.

We want to use the UK forces infantry and CoC artillery. We have got it so that we can play normal resistance and coldwar missions, and the server shows and requires @ECP.

@ECP works and produces the spectating script on death, but the UK forces addons dont seem to be working, whenever we load a mission using these addons, it automatically sends us back to the mission selection screen.

I have tried copying over the UK forces addons to the res folder on the server and ensuring they are all lower case, still nothing ... ..

any ideas??

Also our xml isnt working ingame

not sure why

the link is

here

thanks for your help in advance

Hi

check following regarding uk forces...

- do you use the same version of uk forces on client and server?

- do the missions with uk forces perhaps contain other addons which may be not present on the server?

check following regarding your xml...

- do you write the xml url in lower case in ofp?

(it has to be written like the the real path is set - upper lower case)

- do you checked if you got a space infront or at the end of the url in ofp

(there hasn't be a space!)

regards

thanks for reply

yeh both server and client are using same version of UK forces addons and the mission i am trying to test them with is basicly one man (uk forces) placed on desert island map with nothing else.

the path to the XML iin ofp profile is exactly as written in first post. This should work as far as i know, but doesnt. Definatly no spaces before or after either.

any other thoughts?

cheers

Well, if the mission works on the client that has EXACTLY THE SAME addons installed, that is he does not have any "unused" additional addons installed, and not on the server then that screams broken addon. But finding out which and what is broken might be difficult.

You might check the addons section of the mission.sqs for entries which look strange, ie addons you are sure you did not use in the mission. But this will only give you a clue and not solve the problem, as most probably the name you find there will not help you much.

Some of the broken addons will work when put into the addons folder, although that is not a real solution imho. You could also check for texture aspect ratio warnings in the log. If both fail you have some hard work to do, you could do trial and error, putting addon after addon onto the server until you find the one that breaks it or you will have to go through each addons config and try to find the error there. I have done both and they are both not too much fun...

I had this issue with wgl and coc. here is what I had to change my ofpserver start line with(the wgl and the coc_arty mods are in the root ofp directory.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/erik/ofp/libs

${SERVER} >>${LOGFILE} 2>&1 -server -mod=wgl -mod=coc_arty -config=${CONFIG} -port=${PORT} -pid=${PIDFILE}

Note: the Libs folder holds the 8.0 suse libs, The server binary does not like the Libs that come with Slackware 10.1.