Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Hi I have to agree with RockofSL, I saw the documentary on the JSF program and it was rather insulting to BAe. Let realistic If BAe and Roll-Royce (Building the Lift Fan) were not on the program, Lockheed would not have been able to build the X-35B as easily as they did.

So finally let people build want they like, if you do not like it. do not download it. Simple really!

Yeah, I remember we had this discussion awhile back RockofSL but some people just don't search around enough on aircraft topics.

Even though they didn't mention it though, it was fairly obvious that BAE and the UK MOD was fully behind Lockheed Martin's sound design.  The video might have been incomplete as you say, but it did not act or "feel" propogandish.   It wasn't a "hard core" documentary though, if it was it probably wouldn't have gotten as much viewer interest.  True, there should have been much more mentioned of BAE and RR being a large partner with Lockheed Martin design, but I would not take that as insulting. Unfair to a degree, but not insulting.  

Usually the general public does not get such detailed documentaries on such a subject, even if the production of the video had some very significant flaws.  I would not want to send them hate mail just because of these reporting issues, then they might not make any more about such subjects.  My advice is to encourage them to do better, offer suggestions on how to do this, and make some vague threats as well so they don't drop the ball next time.

Boeing knew from the start if they didn't get their cards in line well at the beginning, it would be up to luck for them to win.  It didn't help them that they mainly were just interested in catering just to Washington D.C. and didn't do as much to involve the U.K. in their requirement needs as well.

Not to mention shortly after this, Boeing pissed off the US DoD by their corporate espionage on Lockheed Martin and got themselves blacklisted from bidding on contracts by the USAF for 2 years, ha ha ha ha ha.  Serves them right for not playing by the rules.

Anyways, that's my take on things.

BTW, are you making the F/A-35 RockofSL or is someone else still granted with that honor?

Guest RKSL-Rock
BTW, are you making the F/A-35 RockofSL or is someone else still granted with that honor?

Well since USMCRP is doing one for VBS and he was originally doing it for OFP....you might have to ask him.

I already have a large backlog and some outstanding work with the Falklands Mod to finish before comminting to new stuff. But if USMCRP's version doesnt make it into OFP I might make one...but not promising.

I think we need to lobby some of the other OFP aviation masters like Footmunch, TomiD, and VIT.

If Anyone is interested I have found a 3D model of the F-35B.

Original Site (Japanese)

http://homepage2.nifty.com/logic_wizard/fms_e.htm

This not my own work, it is a FMS model (Flight Model Simulator( a Remote Control Aircraft Simulator?) by a guy called Logic Wizard. I have converted to 3DS, I have included the original file so that you can contact the creator for permission to use it.

P.S. if any one does want the file pm your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Uh wasnt Cell7 creating a F-35 for OFP.... Or was it all in my head..... crazy_o.gif

blues.gif

I will do a F-35 VTOL version (maybe NAVY and AIR FORCE too) for the SEF addon Studio ... and i´ve already started working on it but at mom i got more important projects to do. I could post a pic but you wouldn´t see something very interesting cos i only made till now the main wing and central body of the plane.

Where always interested, its whether you would like to thats all. wink_o.gif