Sign in to follow this  

Northern Ireland Mod

If its going to be on the large side send it to this address:

nimod.ofp@gmail.com

I love gmails storage tounge_o.gif

Looking good, if you do decide to pursue Snipers ambition of recreating Irish army vehicles from the period for the purpose of a bit of joint anti terrorist action contact the owner of this site for schematics....or even if you felt the urge to do more modern versio ns such as the updated AML recce vehicles *Cough, Nudge, Wink*

http://www.geocities.com/irisharmoredvehicles/

Very much looking forward to seeing a release from NImod, if you can pull it off its going to be something really very different from any other mod.

Oh and just as an aside I saw in this months Wombat and Fur bible that quite a few US police tactical teams still use Ex British Army Saracens....could be a bonus release

This is my favrite (looking forward to MOD) at the moment!

Thanks for the kind words wink_o.gif ,

Yet some more images from Smileys up and coming Northern Ireland Island tounge_o.gif

Coastal Shot:

island2.jpg

Small Village:

island3.jpg

I again thank you for your kind words they are appreciated

Imshi I might make you the aml.

Gordy thanks

Most of the vehicles have been tweaked and are now fully working ingame. All they need are textures and tested fully. smile_o.gif

Work yet Again Continues, Here we show some of the british Infantry units, which have been worked on by whisky, please post your feedback.

Take a look at the website and forums which can be accessed here:http://www.nimod.net

British Infantry 1974-1985

inf1985.jpg

British Infantry 1985+

ni4copy.jpg

Shadders

Well at the minute the website and forums are down, hopefully they should be fixed soon. smile_o.gif

The NI mod will represent the Northern Ireland "troubles" in the 1970s and early 1980s,

and on release will comprise both a detailed and engaging campaign as well as a

comprehensive set of supporting game objects and units.

The campaign will be played from the viewpoint of the British Crown forces and will

be thoroughly researched and authentic with many of the portrayed situations being

closely based on real life occurrences. The missions will demonstrate the wide variety

of tasks which the Army had to undertake in Northern Ireland and operations will take

place both in urban environments as well as in more rural areas. Given the unique nature

of the Army's duties in Northern Ireland the NI mod's campaign will offer the player

a very different experience from more conventional Operation Flashpoint campaigns.

We are working on making the missions both challenging and entertaining to play while

at the same time retaining as much gritty realism and authenticity as the game engine

and user intefaces will allow.

The units will be accurately modelled and authentically detailed representations of the

troops, weapons, vehicles, aircraft and buildings of the period. The units will

have advanced features and animations to help represent the unique Northern Ireland

atmosphere as much as possible. Two fully populated and highly detailed islands,

with topology partly created using GIS data, will provide a convincing representation

of the Northern Irish landscape; with towns, villages and rural areas all authentically

modelled.

Despite being played from one particular side, the mod campaign will not be biased.

It will not be used as a platform for espousing any religious or political opinion.

All environments, events, personalities and behaviours will be well researched and

historically authentic. The intention of the NI mod is to give an honest, balanced and

instructive representation of the Northern Ireland situation, while offering

Operation Flashpoint players a new and unique game experience.

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well if the mod turns out to be anything like this trailer it should be quite exciting! I will be waiting anxiously for any releases from you guys.

Just a quick question to you all.

The Northen Ireland Mod will bring somthing very differnet in ofp, we have many ideas that can be done in ofp, our team is very small and we are all trying to learn all ofp editing trades but it is taking a while. That is why i call apon, any texture artists/ modelers out there who would like to prehaps dedicate there time to help us to achive our goals, we have a very skilled team regarding there own areas of skills, but we are still missing a dedicated texture artist, and anouther modeler would go down a treat. So if you read this and you are intrested in working/helping to the mod then please visit

our website Website

or contact me on this address - nickgregnick@yahoo.co.uk (msn/email)

Many thanks

Smiley

Vixer's progress on the IRA Paramilitaries:

Vixer's IRA Paramilitaries

Ira.jpg

Ira2.jpg

I hope you agree; looking quite tasty

Forums:- www.nimod.net/forum

juet a quick note, thanks for all who are intrested in this, and a big thanks for Llauma for supplying the new head model he made for the comunity, we used the one he posted a link to and our team (vixer mostley) has been playing arround with it, adding new face textures ect, as you can see it brings a new look to Men and i hope we can still use this for all our models..

Many thanks

Smiley

A little extra.. tounge_o.gif

ira4iw.jpg

Those guys are indeed looking very good, can't wait to see more from this mod smile_o.gif

Thoroughly looking forward to this mod.

My fathers first firefight was in Ireland.

Website's down.

Website is back up  wink_o.gif

Thoroughly looking forward to this mod.

My fathers first firefight was in Ireland.

You have a PM  smile_o.gif

Hey all

We have all been thinking about our mod and what missions we should include with it, originally we where opting for the "realistic" approach, and in some cases missions involving standard patrols, interacting with civilians ect, the mod is more focused on this approach but it lead me to belive we should give you, the community to have a say in this as you will be playing it after all.

Now the main things we would like to know is, what would you like to see in the mod regarding missions Realistic or Fun and playerble?

Realistic missions are fun, but when i say realistic missions i mean sometimes not having a lot of action, for instance patrolling along the streets, and waiting a long time for something to happen, my personnel opinion is that the "realistic approach is counted as fun, but others may disagree, the other option is to have more "action" based mission theme which involves a lot of action in a shot space of time, now i have yet to see a mission that is based on the part where you do nothing for a mission, as in real life half missions are spent doing nothing!. Would you as the community prefer to have realistic missions but are rewarding in there own special way or to have the regular type of mission that involves a lot of things happening at once?

Please vote now as we would love as much feedback as possible

Many thanks

Smiley

smile_o.gif

ANyone with a reasonable knowledge of the misson editor can make a misson thats just a shoot em up, if you can make realistic missons, go fot it I say. You can always throw a few fun, unrealistic ones in as standalone missons.

Hmm, noticed a little inaccuracy.  Our web address changed (thanks to a dodgy provider).

You can now find our incomplete site @ www.nimod.co.uk

There is a link to the forums on that page.

Well if you can pull off a low level conflict in OFP ... kudos to you.