Sign in to follow this  
.granQ.

gQ tracers

Working on a alternative tracer that will made free for everyone to use, modify and sell, print and use on the toliet and so on. No need to contact me for using it.. you get the idea.

It works a bit diffrent when it comes to "when show tracer" then other tracer scripts.

You only add a eventhandler to run the first script when fired, no need to type like "red, 4,5,9" exec "script".

A easy way to describe it is that each time you fire, no matter what kind of weapon you have at start, or pickup ingame the script is running.

Then it makes a check what kind of ammo it is, something like this, you fire with the m60..

script starts

Check ammo and number of rounds in mag.

Ammo = m60

i then do a check on the number of rounds in mag with mod.

50 mod 5 = 0

If its 0 then i show the tracer,

48 mod 5 = 3

45 mod 5 = 0

This creates a tracer for every 5:th round you fire.

Then you pic up a m16, you dont use the tracer mag for this normaly, but instead you have loaded with the 3 last bullets with tracer round so you get a signal when you out of ammo..

4 > 12 (rounds in mag) = no, 4 is not bigger then 12, no tracer

4 > 2 (rounds in mag) = yes, 4 is bigger then 2.. show tracer.

Very simpel idea, "but how does the tracer looks like" then you wonder.

Well, how do you want them?

Infact its very easy to change the drop model. Wolfbane did a "smoke" clould, and i belive bn880 did a custom model.. and thats why people said "good looking script", but this things are easy to create.

Now i need some help with research.

M60, PK, m16, ak74.. all bis weapons, what kind of tracer and how often?

Note that this script is also very easy to use in missions == no addons needed.

hi granQ,

sounds great, waiting for first srceenshots, to see how they look, up to now i am using bntracer for small weapons and wbetracer for

bigger guns

tracer enhance the game a lot, so the more variety the better it gets

good luck with your work

greets Honcho

One problem, the ammo command doesn't work right with weapons that use more than one muzzle, ex. M16 Grenade Launcher, sorry...

One problem, the ammo command doesn't work right with weapons that use more than one muzzle, ex. M16 Grenade Launcher, sorry...

a small price to pay ;)

Perhaps, but I find the ammo command to be a bit "buggy", I only use it on vehicle weapons (even then I don't use it much), since if a weapon has a high rate of fire, the ammo command attached to a fired EH can sometimes "skip" over a round or two. Another thing is (like all other tracer script), the color depends on the side of the soldier, not the type of weapon, so a west soldier using an AK will have red tracers. It might be better to have the EH detect the ammo type, then check if its in a given array of ammo names to distinguish the proper color to use. You also have to remember to check if its a primary weapon, or else your LAWs, grenades, and mines and satchels will be spitting out tracers crazy_o.gif .

thats kinda the point for my script..

PK can have one type of tracers, ak74 another, smaller one..

and of course if you take a AK74 or a m16 it will use the right type, and it doesnt give tracers if you use law and other stuff..

and if ammo miss one or two, doesnt matter. Its proven more then "exact" enough, and who will "fuck i didnt get a tracer on round 45 but on 40" when you firing 200 bullets?

Point taken, understood, but I guess my scripts always call for exact ammo amounts on high rate of fire weapons biggrin_o.gif .