Sign in to follow this  
ns_kossak

Silly question about MFCTI + addons

Hey all. I just finally got my copy of GOTY, and now i'd like to get back into the multiplayer aspect.

I've done some searches on here about MFCTI, but in none of my search results have i found out what files to download, or where to put em.

I found the MFcti web page, and i noticed there are

Everon

Everon Coop

Malden

malden Coop

Do i have to download ALL of them? or am i to choose between everon or everon coop? The documentation on the site only seems to relate to actual gameplay.. and not installation... so even when/if i download something, i dont know where to put em anymore... i've been out of the loop for QUITE a while.

... and the version numbers are 1.6 or something.

A lot of the servers i see running mfcti are 1.5 (though at this point i'm only using the in-game browser, i havnt bothered with ASE yet).. is this significant? are the versions backwards compatible?

As you can tell, i have no shortage of questions.

I dont expect this thread to stay unlocked for long. i can foresee a bunch of links being thrown at me that may or may not help, but maybe that will be enough.

If someone wants to private message me some relevant info, or arrange a meet on Teamspeak or something so they can walk me through some of the steps, thats really all i need.

Thanks in advance.

the MFCTI are considered as missions , so it will work the same as any missions you will play on OFP online : you connect to it, and if you don't have the mission installed already you will download it automatically.

But, as some other missions, MFCTI is using addons, in the default 1.16 MFCTI (as it exists conversion of MFCTI to use several mods) it is 1 addon : mfcti16.pbo.

This addon is included in the download you will find in the MFCTI website, so download whatever you want (malden, malden coop, everon, everon coop) and take from the downloaded file the mfcti16.pbo

If you plan to play on 1.15 servers, download a 1.15 mission on the MFCTI website and take the included mfcti15.pbo addon from the downloaded file.

Put it in the Addons or res\Addons folder of your OFP install.

This done, you can already connect to a server that is running MFCTI missions and it will download them automatically from the server and you will play.

But you can want to play it alone by yourself offline in LAN mode, to learn how it works as a player under AI orders or as a commander.

In that case, you always have to take the addon and place it where i said , plus taking the mission (example MFCTI16A Everon eden.pbo) and put it in your MPMission folder of your OFP install, then start Multiplayer in LAN mode , select Everon and MFCTI16A everon and play.

and there is the concept of COOP or regular MFCTI missions.

COOP versions of MFCTI are the same as regular MFCTI , but all the players are on the same team and the opposite AI only team has an enormous advantage in term of money (so they can hammer the players with tons of things).

So playing alone , to learn or just to enjoy offline play, is not very fun in COOP version of the MFCTI as yourself and your AI teammates (or AI commander) will have to face tons of choppers or heavy tanks quickly.

Thanks sanctuary. thats actually all gold.

I took a chance yesterday and installed the everon mfcti coop files, and proceeded to play a 7 hour game against the AI... Longest game i've ever done in one sitting... it was ultimately a stalemate. we'd banter back and forth over a few central towns, taking and retaking them for hours.

My chopper skills are back biggrin_o.gif

Since my internet is FUBAR lately, i'm just going to focus on learning the ropes in offline mode until my connection stabilizes. I'd like to keep the "addons" to a bare minimum for the time being, and just play outta the box to get the feel for stuff.