Sign in to follow this  
somebloke

Sound card problems

I'm currently using a C-Media Audio Device, All my other games run perfectly, but as soon as i play ofp with more than a couple of units, the sound...well...Goes really slowly and low pitched and eventually crashes the game.

I have the latest drivers for the device, so does anyone know what the problem might be?

Btw, specs,

2.8ghz (equiv)

256mb Ram

GeForce 5200

C-Media AC97 Audio Device

I had trouble with to with an AC 97 soundchip. You should try a "real" soundcard. Don`t buy a soundblaster live card, there where reports of many problems related to this hardware.

I also have the same sound card,and at first had the same problem!It took me a long time to figure it out but this worked for me.1 the latest driver does not work with flashpoint my driver is 5.12.01.0041.3(39b). Next i only have 2 desktop speakers so in cmi audio config (found in windows control panel) i have set up for 2 speakers.You set yours up for whatever speaker arangement you have. Then go to control panel again and open up sounds and audio devices under speaker settings click the advanced tab, again make sure this is set to the same speaker setting as the one you are using and the same as in cmi audio config.Next when you start flashpoint go into the options tab and under audio make sure you are using hardware acceleration.if this does not work play about with combinations of eax on and off.Don't forget the latest driver does not work with flashpoint!! Hope this helps as it worked for me

Action Man, Ialsohave a Cmedia card in my new laptop. I am also having problems. Where did you get the device driver you quote in your last post?

I think I have solved the problem by lowing the amount of acceleration in the device control panel but have to change the acceleration option in OFP depending on which mods/addons I'm using.

The most problematic seems to be BAS addons, but they're cool so I'll put upwith it.

wink_o.gif

The driver version that i have and which works is the one that came with my comp.I started to have problems when i downloaded a driver update for the cmi sound card on the microsoft windows update website.Have you tried here-http://www.cmedia.com.tw/.

Action man,

I have searched for many hours now and I'm having very little luck.

I have some drivers but none are the same as yours.

Could you helpme out and send a copy of your driver via email. Looking at the size of the drivers I've seen it shouldn't be too big.

You would really be helping a great deal. My Laptop has already been back to the store due a the hard drive corrupting when the Sound card made Flashpoint crash repeatedly!!!

Have just done some more searching and found out that disabling hardware acceleration for Direct X is a pretty good fix for the problem. You get the odd crackle now and then but the game doesn't crash even with BAS choppers blazingaway with Chain guns and hellfires!!

Once again the forums have saved me!!

Thanks for the help smile_o.gif