Sign in to follow this  
kerosene

Is this misson too hard?

This is a misson set on Tonal, you need to assassinate an enemy officer, blow up a radio tower and the escape to the extraction point.  I'm not the best player in the world so I'm not sure if its too difficult.  Could a couple of people check it out for me?  Its not a huge misson, there s no Intro or Outro since its not done yet.  I'll also come up with a better name than Assassination.

It needs to go in your user missons file.

Lasers Deltas

Tonal/Tonal Opfor

3wx Item pack

Editor update 102

BAS Pavehawks

ICP Anim PBO

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/548927/Assassination.zip.html

there for 30 days

I also used the following scripts:

ICP anims script

Skumballs hunted script

Snypirs Dynamic Helicopter extraction script

If anyone actually downlaods the thing and tries it, please let me know if I placed enough units to hunt the players squad.

If it has a start and a finnish, its not to harsh. OFP is never to harsh due to its realism. Harsh = A game where you die from a stab wound in the finger. And when I say that I mean instantly not from bloodloss or something. wink_o.gif

Would test your mission but dont know where to get ICP anims. wow_o.gif

I've just looked and I cant find the ICP anims PBO either, I found a few links on OFPEC forums but their dead, I'll look around some more, if I cant find a link, I'll upload it to a free hosting service

I was wondering if the AI has a better view through the jungle than the player, cause I set up a few small patrols with HD weapons and I'm thinking mabye there moving to flank me before they engage, cause even though I know roughly where they are a t the misson start they usually manage to pick off a couple of squad members.

P.S: You may need to exit by quitting after the chopper extraction, I cant remember if theres an end trigger set up yet.  I dont think I was sure whether it was worth bothering with if no ones gonna make it to the extraction point anyway.

Thanks to anyone who did D/L it by the way.

Edit

http://users.telenet.be/blanco/Scripts/Trenches1.1.zip

This is a link to a mirror for Blanco's trench script, it contains the pbo. The link is here:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=18098

I gave it a quick try but it was a bit too laggy for my PC.

Not really your fault,Tonal is a laggy island for most people...

But...

- you can't see far in the jungle, lag can be reduced by using a spawn script to create the tango's only when they are needed.

- Maybe delete the mist logics depending on your benchmark.

I don't think it's too hard, I was killed during the second objective (and I was the first casualty, bad bad commander biggrin_o.gif) and I gave it only one try.

PS : I checked the mission in the editor and I couldn't find any units that use the ICPguard script??

Thanks Blanco, I must've deleted the original waypoints to move stuff around or something, I fixed that. Enemyspawn script is a good idea too, I was wondering about the mist logics, I think i had even more originally, they dont add tons to the map anyway, relative to the lag thats needed to cover the area properly anyway.

So yeah, I'll do all that stuff smile_o.gif

I think that missions are bests when they're hard rock.gif But don't create too hard missions!!