Sign in to follow this  
hanzerik

Another dedicated server question

I havnt seen any "real" answers to this: I have 2 store bought copies of game. I want to run a DS on a third spare computer. My question is, will FADE mess up the game that i am playing on if i use the same cd for installing the dedicated server machine that I am connecting to it as a client?

Now from what i've read you can just copy the entire OFP directory from one machine(game playing machine) to another for use as dedicated server, no registry entries needed, and no CD required if using 1.27 dedicated server .exe.

My other question is: do you have to "install" the game on dedicated server or am i correct about copying OFP directory?

I thought I would ask before doing this so my games wont screw up.

And if your wondering how many comps I have its 6: 2 win98, 1 w2k, 2 DEC/ALPHAS running unix and linux, and a laptop dual boot winme/linux. computers are my life smile.gif

Thanks for any replies, HANZ..

if you use the stand alone server exe avaialble you wil have no problems whatsoever...you need to install the full game first, patch...and then run the server with the stand alone exe...it avaialble at the home page Dl section...cheers!