Sign in to follow this  
The_Oakster

Crash after Retry

I get the following error message when trying to Retry a mission:

Cannot Load 'Users\The_Oakster\Saved\campaigns\1985\autosave.fps". Error 'No Entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item464/data.value"

The filepath for the mission obviously changes depending on which mission I try to retry.

It has only happened some time after getting Y2K3 v6. Although I have also d/l other addons and misisons as well. It doesnt happen with just standard 1.96.

Ben

=== Edit ===

On OFPEC there is apost that relates to this in the ECPO Thread but there is no answer as to whether they solved it or what it could be.

There isnt really an answer on that link or the one after it.

It seems that a few people have this bug, but there is no definite answer, some people say they have sorted it but dont really say what they have done. And if they have then I missed it.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this or not. I just cant seem to see the answer...

Ben

Are you also aware that if you run OFP with one configuration, play a mission and then run OFP again with a second configuration and try continuing a mission saved under the previous configuration, you might have unpredictable errors.

The solution is either to restart the mission or run OFP with the exact same configuration as was present the first time and then attempt to continue the mission.

This is a fresh install of OFp just using Y2K3 v6 with the Mission Editing Competition missions and Addons. Nothing else.

I have not tried any of the missions without Y2K3 and it does it and I hadnt tried the OC without Y2K3 either.

Is there anything I can delete (except Y2K3) that could possibly 'reset' what ever is causing this...

Ben

Is there anything I can delete (except Y2K3) that could possibly 'reset' what ever is causing this...

You could delete the save files.

Or you could use the "campaign" cheat to move on to the next mission in the campaign. Search The FAQ for "cheats".

Nope, that doesnt help. Thank you for trying anyway.

I will just uninstall Y2K3.

Its a shame that if you get this error, there is nothing that can be done.

Ben

I have deleted Y2K3 but kept using ECP and no problems, so its not an ECP issue, it is a definite Y2K3 one.

I will carry this on in the Y2K3 thread.

Ben

there is no conclusive answer to the savegame bug, but in my experience upgrading from 512 Mbram to 1024 MbRam did the trick ... I also replaced my harddisk running at 5200 RPM by a disk with the normal 7200 RPM, but that didn't seem to matter.

I have D/L the Y2K3 Performance Enhancer Patch and I have had no problems what so ever.

So at least thats 1 possible solution for some people.

Ben

As it is a problem with variables in scripts (global arrays iirc) disabling some effects of ecp (or eecp or y2k3) will fix this bug. The new ecp version is supposed to fix it also, as will eecp when switching to the new version. Afaik y2k3 will not be using the ecp version, so it will be the only mod not working with full effects then.

Actually, it turns out that it is an ECP 'issue' as when I installed the Y2K3 Performance enhancing config file, I forgot to install the extra file installer so I had no ECP at all. When I realised and installed it, I got the same problem.

So I am running Y2K3 without the ECP effects. I get a few lines of text at the top sometimes as and when ECP is called for, and I am back to the standard NVG's but it seems I cant have everything.

Ben