Sign in to follow this  
s76x

access violation error

Hi,

I have installed in my pc other 512 mb of ram with now 1gb of total memory...but now my ofp 1.96 final goty crash with this error message in flashpoint.rpt:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004B890C

Version 1.96

Fault address: 004B890C 01:000B790C C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE

file: intro1

world: eden

Prev. code bytes: 74 24 8B 01 57 8D 96 B4 00 00 00 52 8D 56 40 52

Fault code bytes: FF 50 6C 80 7D 08 00 8B 8E D4 07 00 00 8B 01 0F

Registers:

EAX:BEE2FADA EBX:1D452600

ECX:20000000 EDX:1D558240

ESI:1D558200 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:001B:004B890C

SS:ESP:0023:0012FB28 EBP:0012FB40

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00210206

Why this problem? How I can resolve? I launch ofp also with -nomap command.

Best Wishes and merry christmas

PS

I have xp pro sp2

Could you please post the rest of that section, or is this the complete messege?

Also when you post the entire section from the .rpt, can you explain exactly when you get the CTD? Also please post your system specs. It will help narrow things down.

In the specific, during the game appear a classic window error message that report there's an error in flashpoint.exe, then ofp go in crash.

If I open the flashpoint.rpt appear the message that I have write complete in my first topic above.

I think that the problem is appear when I have put other 512mb of ram.

My pc configuration is:

- CPU Amd Barton 2500+@3200+

- Board Abit NF7

- RAM 1GB

- Video Card Sapphire Radeon 9600xt 128

- Drivers: directx 9c, catalyst 4.11, nforce2 pack 4.27

- XP pro SP2

Did you tested your RAM? It can be that the new RAM module is defect. rock.gif

Maybe you should deinstall the SP2 and then try again with SP1. wink_o.gif

the ram is ok..is possible that the problem is xp file swap? i have remove complete the file swap with 1gb of ram, but a few man have say me that is necessary to mantain always a file swap, with 1gb a small file swap.

Unless you know the details to aggressively tune XP, even with 1gb you should still have a swap file.

At what time does the error box display? Do you see the main screen with the intro mission, or does it crash before that?

im gonna get another more 512 ram tomorow and i wonder how big should my swap file be?

i got win 2000 pro amd xp 2000 processor and a geforce 4 ti 4600 vid card smile_o.gif

Unless you know the details to aggressively tune XP, even with 1gb you should still have a swap file.

At what time does the error box display? Do you see the main screen with the intro mission, or does it crash before that?

crash during the mission. I try now with file swap if the error continue...

Does the crash occurs with each -official- missions , or are you experiencing it in some specific missions or in user made ones ?

still with access violation error...I have try all! I have see in flashpoint.rpt that this error is always the same:

"C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004B890C"

Also if the rest of the body message is different, but the code of access violation error is always same.

still with access violation error...I have try all! I have see in flashpoint.rpt that this error is always the same:

"C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004B890C"

Also if the rest of the body message is different, but the code of access violation error is always same.

I've got the same problem. I wonder what it comes from... Did you get an answer? Or find out what the problem was?