Sign in to follow this  
Stuphor

No object or waypoints display in editor preveiw

Help please!

I am editing my first mission and its going pretty well, these forums are great for finding answers.

However, when I preveiw the mission the waypoints are not showing up on the screen. I know how to make them appear permanently on the map etc. but the yellow box that indicates an objective or gives an instruction isn't there, also the player doesn't appear on the map or any enemies. This is making the mission difficult to test.

The weird thing is sometimes the waypoints do appear but very rarely.

Can any one explain this problem? I have searched the forum and found nothing like it!

Thanks smile_o.gif

I hate it, but u first need to run some mission in single player and then enter editor. Otherwise u play at veteran settings thus u dont see WP and objects on map. smile_o.gif

Some extra notes:

- The reason WPs sometimes pop up in vet mode is because you're inside a HUD-based vehicle, like a tank.

- Vet mode is much better than cadet mode. Now you know. wink_o.gif

Veteran mode is just the same as Cadet mode with some of the options turned to OFF by default and not possible to turn them ON in the difficulty menu as far as i can see.

Actually there is a situation where Cadet mode can be more difficult : when extra armor is turned ON in Cadet mode (in Veteran it is OFF and can not been set to ON), every tanks and choppers will be more resistant , making your life miserable when you have only 1 LAW or 1 DCA launcher in your hand smile_o.gif

It would be really interesting if there was a separate option for infantry and vehicle, as in the actual extra armor options not only the vehicles (the good thing) will be more resistant, but unfortunately the infantry too (the bad thing).