Sign in to follow this  
ebns72

2 questions

I am a n00b to mission making, and I have two "how to" questions regarding some commands and scripts:

#1-how do you include more than 1 unit in the NOT alive command (I.E. NOT(alive xxx).) I want to require that 3 tanks must be destroyed for an objective to be met, but I am having trouble because flashpoint seems to be picky when it comes to these commands. I tried NOT (alive xxx); NOT(alive xxx) and things like NOT (alive xxx, yyy) but none of them seem to work. How would I include more than two variables (is that the "professional" way of saying it? tounge_o.gif ) in the NOT alive command?

okay, second question-In the original CWC, I noticed that in some missions, when the enemy became alert, all tank crews and pilots scrambled to their tanks or aircraft. How do I do this. Hell, how do I make it so the enemy becomes alert.? usually when a tank crew (in a group) they don't do anything (obviously, no command was given to them.) but how would I make it so when they detect the enemy they get in their tanks ASAP?

Q1: You need these handy-dandy things called boolean operators. Actually, you are using one already: not. The rest are:

not !

and &&

or ||

There are two ways of writing each of them, hence the two different things on each line (both versions work the same). They all work exactly as they sound, and actually NOT is the oddball, so if you get that, you should get the rest. But an example of how AND/OR are used:

((condition 1) and (condition 2)) or (condition 3)

That whole expression would only be true if c1 AND c2 were true, OR if c3 was true.

for example

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NOT (alive unit1) AND NOT (alive unit2)

2 ur second

example create a unit say east soldier

create a cycled waypoint path around lets say a tank

create another waypoint on the tank and put it to get in

create a trigger and set it to activation west, detected by east, once (or multiple if u wish) and a desired size of the areal that shoudl eb the "detection zone"

synchronisze the trigger with the getin waypoint

now if the east soldier spots u (west guy) he will go tho the tank and get in

play with the settign and ull figure it out

another solution woudl be to script the get in thingy

if u want to use multiple units or execut other scripts

cheers