Sign in to follow this  
Homefry

Why still Operation Flashpoint

Can you post a scan of the article or something?

.. i'm not sure getting some trouble if i do; maybe some admins have experinces with such stuff=? rock.gif

there have been some scans of articles which mention ofp yet, i think as long as gamestar doesn´t want it unpublished it´ll be tolerated by the mods.

as for the article in the latest issue, i went to the bookstore and quickly read it there, very disappointing indeed, not the kind of article you´ll be going to read twice sad_o.gif

Can you post a scan of the article or something?

.. i'm not sure getting some trouble if i do; maybe some admins have experinces with such stuff=? rock.gif

Do it, even if they can't understand it biggrin_o.gif

I wanna read it.

I'm going to make my comments brief. Why OFP after all this time? My opinion from the beginning [and I've been heckled and laughed at by a few in the community] is that Operation Flashpoint is not a GAME in the classic sense. Its a "combat simulator".

Its a watered down version of VBS1 used by our Marines, Secret Service and maybe others we don't know about. VBS1 is an important tool to train with. All the addons make Flashpoint [am I right in saying this?] very close to VBS1 by now. The engine is being perfected and changed [Col Klink+DXDLL etc] all the time. We now have combat's Humvees with tow's etc. My new rig runs Flashpoint smooth as silk with tons of addons.

The engine allows me to have the freedom to do allmost any senerio I wish in allmost any time [WW2, Vietnam, Cold War, War on terror etc]. Also there are all those wonderful huge islands. Lastley it is a fine tribute to the men and women who wear the uniform of this great country [and other nations as well]!!! unclesam.gif