Sign in to follow this  
RecondoSWAF

Help

ok I have been to every site checked every thing at least 4 times unistaled and wiped info at least 5 time redownloaded patches a dozen times. ran a test download of 1.2 witch I already have cause I live in the US and it worked fine. but 1.3 all i get is CD spin OFP logo anda little hard drive spin then nothing

System Speks P3 450

40 GB 7200rpm hard drive

256 RAM

CDRW 16X10X40

GF2 64 megs

Had the same problem and people said i didnt have a original copy which was bollucks.

I emailed the codemasters and they fixed the prob. It was damn near identical.

Daman tools was installed and that is the problem.

If daman tools insnt installed on urs maybe its sum other type of similar software.. remove it.

Hope this helps.

we have made a fix for the last patch 1.30 to 1.40

basically we grabbed all the files that were updated and added them in to a zip (found in my dload siggy below)

if you find a list of files that were all updated in each patch have a friend copy them to you

or copy the whole 1.4 directory over, this will only work if you have installed the orginal CD and still have it

the Registry will contain your CD key so this is just barly legal as stated by BIS, but does not bother them as long as you do own the CD and have it

if you dont, you'll eventually get FADE and wont beable to aim or play on the net

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PanzerGrenadier @ Jan. 10 2002,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Had the same problem and people said i didnt have a original copy which was bollucks.

I emailed the codemasters and they fixed the prob. It was damn near identical.

Daman tools was installed and that is the problem.

If daman tools insnt installed on urs maybe its sum other type of similar software.. remove it.

Hope this helps.<span id='postcolor'>

What's "daman tools"confused.gif?

It's actually "Daemon Tools" It's a virtual cd drive program, so you can put a CD image that's on your hard drive and mount it so that it acts as if it's actually a CD in a CD drive, handy for many things, I used to use it to play some of my PSX games on my PC smile.gif

OK, thanks. Yes, that does sound like a bad idea. Even if it does work, it would probably trigger fade, don't you think?

Funny how panzer claims to have the original CD, but wasn't using it...I wonder how many people use this program and have problems with OFP...

I do have the original cd and i was using daemon tools for sumthing else. Max payne if u must know. As i heard it took 2 hours to complete the game, obviously its not worth buying.

On the other hand OFP is tounge.gif.

been there done that any one else got any ideas. Malboeuf I dident see a upgrade 3 on your site

Have you tried upgrading your aspi layer?

I herd somethign last night that may make sence not shure thou the CD wright protection is preventing the patches from coping to the corisponding file

and thanks RN Maldoon for those patches they fixed the problem at least to 1.4 now all you need to do is come up with a 1.42 patch