Sign in to follow this  
schroeder

surviving deleted addon

Hi, I deleted a self-made addon because it wasn't cool enough.

However, this addon still appears in the unit/group listing in the mission editor! I can put it on the map. It's impossible to play however (which seems logical since the addon was deleted): I get the message "Error loading xxxx\xxxx.pd3 (Magic)".

Why does the addon still appears in the unti/group listing? It's like the addon became part of the 'backbone of the game', so to speak.

Does anyone know? (sorry for my bad English)...

I have several addons folders. I checked with windows files/folders search tool and did not find another copy of the addon file.

I did restart the computer, just in case. It didn't help.

I checked my self-made missions and destroyed the ones that were using this addon.

I took the addon from the recycle bin and put it in the addon folder, used it in the game, then finally destroyed it again, just in case... But it didn't help. This is really amazing.

rock.gif

Does any of your other addons that you have made making a reference to it in its config.cpp?

(I.E. You made a soldier and weapon pack,you just placed config.cpp in weapon pack,withch defines soldiers too.So if you deleted soldiers pbo then reference to the soldiers will remain in OFP Editor even if there is no actual pbo with soldiers models,etc...) rock.gif

Good idea, Sniperwolf. I checked my addon files but none of them is making a reference to the deleted addon.

One more important (?) detail: before deleting this addon, I made a new one in a different folder, using the same config.cpp file. I forgot to change the 'vehicleClass' name for the new addon before making a pbo file of it. As a consequence, I had two different addon files using the same 'vehicleClass' name: both addons appeared in the same group in the editor.

However, I deleted both addons since then, but the group still appears in the editor with the units of the first addon (units of the second addon logically disappeared).

crazy_o.gif

This is strange indeed. Is there a file registering all addons that would not have been modified for some reason? I checked the 'Flashpoint.rpt' file but could not find anything usefull.