Sign in to follow this  
ebns72

texture error converting ODOL to MLOD

I recently found ODOL explorer version 2.44, and I want to modify inq's weaponpack to make them MILES modifications (see miles post in A&M: D)

135_1094432961_error1.jpg

So this is what it looks like in ODOL 2.44. The texture path is in the Y2K3/ADDONS folder, where the unpbo'd INQ weaponpack folder is located. I convert it to mlod, leaving it the default name INQ_M16_MLOD. When I open it with 02:

135_1094433128_error2.jpg

The textures aren't there. What is odd is the default 02 texture is grey, but these are white, so that may mean that it is detecting the textures there, but it won't load them. rock.gif Or maybe not...but can anyone help me solve this problem?

Guest RKSL-Rock

I think you'll find that 2.44 is an unsupported release and quite a few people are having problems with it.

Infact if i remeber correctly it wasnt even a proper BETA just something someone was developing and someone else released it.

You are much better off using the offical release.

I think you'll find that 2.44 is an unsupported release and quite a few people are having problems with it.

Infact if i remeber correctly it wasnt even a proper BETA just something someone was developing and someone else released it.

You are much better off using the offical release.

*cough* yes, very unsupported ... *innocense glance @ snakeman* *wink @ dschulle*

@ebns72

Strange to say what "error" it is, i've got no problems

Seems by one of us wink_o.gif the textures have not the right place in the o2 tree.

inqm16.jpg

O2 awaits the pbo-tree-structure in the o2 directory, and all may be clear wink_o.gif

if the model is white instead of grey that means there are textures applied to it, but o2 cant find them anywhere

EDIT: found the problem smile_o.gif The INQ weaponpack was in a MOD folder, and i saved the MLOD to a mod folder. redid it, moved the inq weaponpack to my ofpedit folder, and it worked. For some reason, even though I directed it to the mod folder, it didn't want to look there.

No luck. Tried ODOL explorer v 2.0. Still white...then I checked the texture paths, I even changed them even though they were correct, and it is still white. sad_o.gif

I've made this with the "original V2.44 release" and it works on the same Model in the same pbo without problems,

that seems very cryptic. rock.gif

Is in your "o2 maindirectory" a "INQ_WeaponPack" directory with all content of the pbo ?

ps:

Your post is a little confusing, work it or not ? wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: found the problem smile_o.gif The INQ weaponpack was in a MOD folder, and i saved the MLOD to a mod folder. redid it, moved the inq weaponpack to my ofpedit folder, and it worked. For some reason, even though I directed it to the mod folder, it didn't want to look there.

No luck. Tried ODOL explorer v 2.0. Still white...then I checked the texture paths, I even changed them even though they were correct, and it is still white. sad_o.gif

pps:

The V2.44 is a (imho at least in most instances) bugfixed version of the last offical Odol-Explorer Release !