Sign in to follow this  
spring-R

squad control?

it states at the OFP2 site that we will be able to take command of larger squads.

but isnt 12 (11 soldiers) already enough?

your opinion may differ but i think 12 is enough. i mean, the most often controlled are the few snipers, everyone else is just a tag along.

the max i reakon would have to be 24 (23 others) which should equate to 8 fully manned tanks. or 24 MIGs or FA18's (which would be cool)

any ideas?

cheers

Discussed to death earlier. Please read the rest of the forum before talking about things like this. - I did when I joined.

Well I couldn't find other thread so here's my opinion -

Infantry squads are ok for direct control at 12.

Aircraft such as helicopters or strike aircraft can operate in large packages, but make the whole control seperate from infantry - they are aircraft, not men in aircraft.

I'm thinking a max flight of 8 attack aircraft would be good.

Tanks - operate in platoons of 4 in the US, however in Russia you can be looking at 8 armoured vehicles to a platoon, so 8 again here.

Ships - whole different matter, with 300 men per a large destroyer....

Again it will be less of you controlling a squad in a ship, more of you controlling the ship itself which is operated by a large number of men. I can't wait for the hours of entertainment that will be caused by watching an aircraft carrier after you gave the abandon ship command ... 100s of men doing a lemmings impersonation biggrin_o.gif

Well I couldn't find other thread so here's my opinion -

Infantry squads are ok for direct control at 12.

Aircraft such as helicopters or strike aircraft can operate in large packages, but make the whole control seperate from infantry - they are aircraft, not men in aircraft.

I'm thinking a max flight of 8 attack aircraft would be good.

Tanks - operate in platoons of 4 in the US, however in Russia you can be looking at 8 armoured vehicles to a platoon, so 8 again here.

Ships - whole different matter, with 300 men per a large destroyer....

Again it will be less of you controlling a squad in a ship, more of you controlling the ship itself which is operated by a large number of men. I can't wait for the hours of entertainment that will be caused by watching an aircraft carrier after you gave the abandon ship command ... 100s of men doing a lemmings impersonation  biggrin_o.gif

Not forgetting adding to the lag party.

STGN

perhaps they mean you are a platoon leader in a platoon HQ team/squad and you can also control the leaders of the platoons under you

same with company/battalion commanders

perhaps they mean you are a platoon leader in a platoon HQ team/squad and you can also control the leaders of the platoons under you

this would be great.

I do like the way CoC implemented their multi unit engine. It works great in controlling and moving among multiple squads. There is so much scripting involved the limit is in how many units u command before lag kicks in.

I do like the way CoC implemented their multi unit engine. It works great in controlling and moving among multiple squads. There is so much scripting involved the limit is in how many units u command before lag kicks in.

is it just 40 men in a squad or 12 men in squad and 4 squads in a platoon or something like that?

agreed but just have to remember that platoon leaders usually give orders only to the squad leaders

any way i think u should be able to communicate more with other groups, because in flashpoint 1 all you can say to other groups is "need support at Xx##"

A squad of 12 is enough, just other interactive groups, (e.g. Your under heavy fire at um... Petrovich, you use a standard radio command like "Under Fire" but not just in your group and maybe an idle group will come to your aid. It'd be a good idea, but if you have a guy on guard and u use it it could muck things up, so you'd have to be able to turn it on and off in the mission editor like:

Say a Soldier:

Able to be called upon for help... etc [YES or NO] wink_o.gif

I would like to be able to be in command of several squads, as well as my own. I would also like to see improved squad control over vehicles, like tanks and aircraft and etc...