Sign in to follow this  
Balatouf

Problem with an altitude script

Hello

I have a problem in a small thing i am working on for a mission (single player only, as i know that multiplayer has its own laws).

there is a UH60 named chopper , the player is the pilot.

i want the player to land on some specific points of the map.

To do so i have an H object on the exact point.

I create then a square trigger a bit bigger than the H (as i allow the player a bit out of the H).

The trigger is grouped with the UH60 to be triggered only by it. And i have it set to "repeatedly"

At the line "On activation" i have

[chopper] exec "testa.sqs"

in a testa.sqs file i have :

#testinga

? (getpos chopper select 2) < 1 : goto "succesa"

~1

exit

#succesa

GREAT1=true

exit

I have another trigger activated when GREAT1=true that is displaying a message and launch a small camera thing.

On the map i have created some other H in the map , with some similar scripts (with different names) that has the same purpose.

When i test this i land on the H and all is running perfect , trigger triggered message activated etc...

But what in my script or trigger can be so bad that it does not work everytime as sometime i land on the H and nothing is triggered ?

I already tried to change the minimum height to more than 1 but again sometime that will work , sometime not at all.

so i launch a S.O.S. , hoping that someone can see where is the problem.

hmmm...I don't really deal with triggers or anything since i'm mainly just a scripter for addons, but might be a couple things...

1. is the great1=true trigger...is it set to repeatedly??

2. once the great1=true trigger is set off..does a script change great1=false?

it might set it off once, and then great1=true is always true and thus could keep the other triggers from triggering again or it just repeatedly triggers itself because great1 will always be true after the first time....

hope i helped some...as to my ignorance in triggers crazy_o.gif

GREAT1 is defined as false by my init.sqs file so it is always false at the beginning of the mission.

Only when the player land on the good spot, it should turn to true.

And further in the game, after the testa.sqs script set GREAT1=true (it is the script that set GREAT1 to true, not a trigger) , i need GREAT1 to stay true until the end of the mission.

As long as GREAT1=false, you cannot accomplish another objective, it is my solution in fact to force the player to land in the H first instead of going to the second objective directly.

If something is wrong in my way to do this, it should never work.So the fact it is working half of the time is really difficult to understand for me.

Make the trigger a bit larger, and in the script instead of a "?" for the getpos select 2 line use a "@"

U can try use script "connected" to chopper instead of trigger.

For instance, your script would look like:

testa.sqs:

#testinga

@ (getpos chopper select 2) < 1 : goto "succesa"

~1

exit

#succesa

GREAT1=true

exit

Run it in the one-before-last waypoint.

Choppers sometimes does not land EXACTLY on H-pad, and with this script it doesn't matter where chopper would land.

I will experiment a bit more with your solutions.

thanks for the help