Sign in to follow this  
Jilliac

Session lost?????

Hi all

I have ADSL 1024/512 since a couple of weeks. I have a router using NAT, and i set default port to my internal ip, so all ports should be forwarded or not? My comp is only for gaming, so i dont care if it can be hacked now or not. With these settings i can host any other game without problems (eg. Ghost Recon, Rogue Spear, MOHAADemo, IL2 etc.)

Now i just started hosting OFP Coop-Games (we all had 1.40 installed, and all with original software, so no fade etc.) with 2 of my friends. First night all went quite well, some few disconns by them but i thought that it's their conn.

Last night every 2-3 minutes one of them disconnected. On their screen it said : session lost. So we thought ok, maybe its my conn, and my friend started hosting, he uses a cable modem and doesnt need to free ports. Same problem, every few minutes I had the "session lost" on my screen sad.gif

We then reinstalled OFP up to 1.30 only and it seemed to be way better, for about 90 minutes no disconns. Then again, 2 disconns in 3 minutes.

Do others also face these probs?

Anybody an idea of what is causing these disconns? Is that normal in OFP? Bad netcode? Ports? Which version of OFP is most stable to play for COOP games?

Any help really appreciated, coz this starts to get very annoying?

I got the same problem when hosting games. Occationally I can host a game for a long time without problems, other times I get session lost messages every few minutes. I got DSL/NAT with all ports forwarded just like Jillac. Win XP. No problems hosting any other games.

@Ronny Skog

Have u also tried various patch versions? Did u have this with all of them?

Well, if you are not worried about security. Can you move your comps IP to the DMZ? I tested it and with full blown security running on my router's firewall I could still play OFP with the comp located in the DMZ. Try that, and if you still get disconnects then it's not your firewall. Might be your ISP? maybe?

Thank you Jillac, I will try the same thing and se if it works. If it don’t I could always go back to v.1.2 that was the last version without disconnects and freezes during exit from multiplayer.

I can`t figure out how to change default port from 2234 to 46000? It can be changed on the multiplayer menu, but the settings don`t stay next time I run the game.

When hosting games through Gamespy Arcade it seem to be impossible to change the port. Any suggestions?

nope Ronny, sorry sad.gif

i think hosting via Gamespy Arcade only works with 2234, but i really don't know coz i never use GSA. I only play with friends some coop and they connect via IP. And i couldn't manage to let the game automatically use port 46000 as a default either, i have to enter it manually every time i host.

I found exactly 2 things that made my clients disconnecting from my server: first its for sure this damn 2234 port with problems, i forgot changing to 46000 yesterday for once, and whoop, 3 minutes later, all clients disconnected. second, when i have ICQ running they disconnect as well from time to time, dunno why tho, coz i never got a message during hosting, but when i closed down ICQ the disconns stopped immediately.

But good luck with GSA, if i see a solution somewhere i will post it here.