Sign in to follow this  
wongkeanwah

Boeing 777

cool!!!!!!

With todays knowledge, its possible

1. to make AI enter aircraft - have a path LOD.

2. shoot passengers - proxy in fire LOD.

3. Hijack situation - setpos aircraft 500ft in air so that it doesnt move and u will be able to get out of aircraft onboard and move around - dont have a roof geometry and pos cargo/driver is on board. No worries about parachutes..no parachutes even in real aircraft. With setpos, hell! u can even take over the aircraft and start the engine.

4. Simultaneous opening of doors for anti-hijack....use a pos switch to animate all doors to open for storming team to get in.

PS. 747 may be a bit tough cos AI not really good walking up the spiral stairs. All the best!! smile_o.gif

PHILCOMMANDO!THAT'S AWESOME!

Anyway,

i don't know whether RockApeofSL can do these stuff!I wish someone will make a Nogova Airlines version of the 777!

wow_o.gif That sounds awesome. You cant do it with anything we got now. Can we? I know when u get out of martins DC3 you are in the isle, but only if its on teh ground.

Whatever happened to that funky Learjet? Did it die out or is it like one of those planes made by Ofpman1 that never got released? (not to mention Silesian...)

This is one thing ofp really needs even if it is static. Ive got a few works in progress but im having a hard time with textures

Yak 42

The cockpit glass has now been fixed

Tu-334

The yak 42 has far to many polys so im trying to reduce it but having no luck so far but the tu-334 has been like that for ages but i might have a look at the textures later on.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock,

if you can make these planes,why don't you make a b-777-400?

Well for one thing I havent actually modelled one yet smile_o.gif

All the others are already part modelled when i made FS2002 aircraft.  Its just a matter of taking the Max models and reducing the number of vertices.

Here's some Oxygen Images:

Airbus A340-300

a340prev.jpg

ATR 42-300

atr42prv.jpg

I'll find the IL-76 and 146 later...they are on a laptop somewhere and its not to hand right now.

Also another still born project: Nimrod MR2

nimrodmr2prev.jpg

I'm not sure a large aircraft like a 777 would fit on Nogova's runway?  Even the AWACS is a bit on the large side (the 707 airframe is slighly smaller).  I've been looking at different types of aircraft that would fit into most of the island's airfields used ingame today,  Preferably aircraft that have dual roles too (Military Versions as well as Civil).  I came to the conclusion that we need more regional aircraft, rather than big monsters.

After a bit of testing large aircraft I ended up making my own island with a 3Km runway to test my aircraft and addons.  I couldnt find an island out there with a really good airbase on it.

rkslbase.jpg

The pic is taken with 5000m view distance, just to give some idea of scale; the white plane on the runways is an AN-124 Condor.:;):

Also the plane in the foreground is my Armed Boeing "Bird of Prey".

The upshot is that I want to clear my backlog and then I'll start thinking about large commerical stuff.  BUt I wont rule it out.

As for HiJack situations, I really dont think OFP1's engine is up to it.   Although if you were to make a Static modle of a Jumbo and do it that way....maybe!?

I agree that the runways in ofp arent wide and long enough for large commercial aircraft but i dream of an old 727 south african airlines being hijacked by rebel forces probably just a dream but a nice one at that. smile_o.gif

Bye the way that is a nice ATR 42-300 you got there do you intend to model the inside aswell

Guest RKSL-Rock
I agree that the runways in ofp arent wide and long enough for large commercial aircraft but i dream of an old 727 south african airlines being hijacked by rebel forces probably just a dream but a nice one at that. smile_o.gif

I'd like to do a hijack plane but i dont think its too practical for the game engine as it stands. I suppose the only viable way is to make static models. But I fully functional/flyable model might tax the game engine limits too much.

Quote[/b] ]Bye the way that is a nice ATR 42-300 you got there do you intend to model the inside aswell

Thanks, I'll probably do an interior but its unlikley that it'll have a roadway or path. If you've ever been inside an ATR you'll know how small they are, its not really worth it.

Add to that the poly count issue. It might make it a bit impractical. I have a view that civil aircraft in OFP are much needed scenery and targets so I dont really think that detailed interiors are really worth it. But if someone can convince me other wise i might do it.

Yes, i think a static would only be the way also if you had one of the larger commercial aircraft possibly cargo (less polys) it would have more room to move around in.

Yes, ive been on a atr-42 while on holiday my first experience in a prop.

Yes the tu-334 i am currently working on is a regianol aircraft around 40-50 passengers and it can land on dirt snow runways

but poor old Tupolev dont have enough cash to finish it.

So how long do you think it will take you to finish.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]So how long do you think it will take you to finish.

Oh quite a while. The B-2A Spirit is about 80% atm, the BOP is 80% and I have a large queue of projects of my own plus some OPGWC ones too.

I wouldnt hold your breathe tounge_o.gif It'll get done at some point in the next few months. But it really depends on what's wanted the most. smile_o.gif

Id concentrate on the milatry and the smaller civil aircraft and ive only just noticed the nimrod that would be so so good. Did you create these models yourself or did you import them from MSFS.

Guest RKSL-Rock

They are all created in AutoCAD and 3DSMax. I used to make alot of FS2000 and 2002 aircraft (around 100+ at last count) but i got really p'd off with people ripping my stuff off.

I found several sites charging for my models and one "studio" had even modified some of my models (it had several intentional tell tale mesh errors in them) and was selling as their own. It got pretty nasty so in the end I only made things for myself and quit the community.

OFP is a slightly less agressive community so I thought I'd dig some of my earlier creations out and convert them. I dont & wont use other peoples stuff. I think its much better to make something unique yourself than abuse someone else's good will and hardwork.

I know the fs scene is quite comercial and if i remember right there was a spanish site that used to host and charge for free models. But that is one thing ofp is missing decent cockpits except fromt dkm-mods choppers. So then have you got any russian aircraft from your pre fs2000 days

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well I have a very ropey Tu Bombers, a Bear and a Badger.

I did do a Tu-144 and Tu-160 but they were very early models and not very good. I mostly did medium and light aircraft and unusual stuff, X-Planes etc.

rkslberkut.jpg

A fresh O2 model of a Berkut Kit plane.

Quite a few sports planes and aerobats. Nothing much larger than a 30 seater usually.

Just had a look at your site you have got a lot of work in progress do you have time to play ofp at all smile_o.gif

Planes like the bear could be to big for ofp but maybe in ofp2

So are you part of a mod or are you in your own group

Guest RKSL-Rock

To be honest I rarely play anymore - if i do its usualy testing stuff with my mates smile_o.gif Generally more relaxed and fun that way. Personally i'd rather make stuff anyway, less stressful after a long day at work.

I'm a "one man studio" as far as RKSL is concerned but I have very small parts in OPGWC & <a href="http://www.ofpcentral.com/mia/index.php" target="_blank">Madman Industries/3rd World Explosion.

</a>

Its one of the benefits of being self employed...you can spend as much time as you want on your interests. You just need to take breaks to earn money smile_o.gif

I know what you mean nothing like a quick battle after a crap day at work.

So with all the projects you got on at the mo when do you think you will finish the atr-72 most looking forward to that if you finish it smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Yeah I'll finish it but it'll probably be October before it gets released.

Once I finish the B2 and the BOP I'll release the Hangers and HAS pack etc. After that its a toss up between the Rapier and the Planes and I will admit the ATR is most likely to get done first smile_o.gif

so have you had any thoughts of using some of you models for a static scenery pack some that would add alot of atmosphere to otherwise boring airbases. But i surpose that you would have probs with the poly count there.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I've thought about it but never really got around to doing anything.

If you consider that most OFP buildings are around 500-1000 polys in the first res LOD having a static with 1200-1500 wouldnt be that bad.

But i depends on how much detail you want ot load into a model thats only goig to be sat on the apron. Since most peoples PC's are fairly OK spec you could probably do it without much trouble... something to think about smile_o.gif

I think you should if you get the time as you do have a large collection of models as long as there textured it would be alot easier than converting them to usable aircraft in ofp.

Anyway as you said somthing to think about. smile_o.gif

Does anyone know where to ........Oh wait,i've already asked that question.So,can any of you make a boeing-777-400?

Sigh..............blackdog said deadsoldier realesed one of the smaller Boeing jets,but he does not know where to find it.

I'm going crazy! crazy_o.gif

It is not very likely cos the b777 is just too large for a usuable aircraft in ofp but i might have a look at making a static version later on tonight.