Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

From the creator of the Skye virus!

Well its been a while since I made a mission, so here it is!

Infection!

1 - 5 Co-op

Addons needed:-

Editor Upgrade

Unfied Zombie pack

The mission takes place on Malden island, you and your buddies have been stuck in base for week or 2, and now your going to make a brake to the air port to escape the island, but! it isnt all as straight forward as that. Ill let you lot find out the rest.

Note: this hasnt been tested online yet, its a first beta so please report back with bugs.

Infection ghostface.gif

Hmm ill fix it now, seems that instead of saveing it it opens the PBO in explorer, wierd lol

Edit: Fixed

*spoilers*

meh, it was some kind of carmaggedon in the fog, altough i only got to the part were u take fuel truck, then i drove the that "bunker" only to got blown up by some invisible mines? rock.gif

well if u check ur map the mines r shown... and i was expecting most 'normal' tounge_o.gif people to take a different rout to the bunker, not threw the mines but behind the mines where road is clear. *spoiler* if u go from west to the bunker you come to a raod block where it explains the story of the bunker a bit more

P.S.sorry if this is a bit weirrd im a bit drunk...well very drun k for tha matter crazy_o.gif

Hmm... the mission seemed kinda... boring to me. All I did was drive all across the island. I could just run over the zombies and I would be fine; they never could hurt me when I was in a truck. I dunno, to me it just seems like a zombie roadtrip....

well i tried adding some road blocks (crashed buses and stuff) to force to player to stop and the zombies to come and ge them, but ill see if i can prove it a bit more, its a beta after all.

(still drunk whiles typing this BTW)

The road blocks kinda worked, because these were the places where I would crash and injure my team. But I think that before you do anything else, you should reduce the amount/distance of driving done. No point in driving across the entire island, IMO. Heck, that was one of my pet peeves in Skye Virus. The long drives just kinda killed the excitement.

the drives are a bit long. hell i dragged my sorry ass all the way to that bunker only to get greased by that crazy civie on the m2 crazy_o.gif

lol, ok in the next version i might shorten the distance of driving, or maybe put more things to investigate and keep you occupied on the way. Also im planning to add more objective but cant think of any at the moment. Any one got suggestions?

well if u check ur map the mines r shown... and i was expecting most 'normal'  tounge_o.gif  people to take a different rout to the bunker, not threw the mines but behind the mines where road is clear. *spoiler* if u go from west to the bunker you come to a raod block where it explains the story of the bunker a bit more

P.S.sorry if this is a bit weirrd im a bit drunk...well very drun k for tha matter crazy_o.gif

meh, i didnt want to leave my friggin truck otherwise i could be hit, so i tought that i could drive around them, but they were scripted or something tounge_o.gif

and as a suggestion, the fuel of the cars etc, should sometimes (scripted) "disapear", so u should walk, cuz thats scarier tounge_o.gif

or "suddenly" the car should be unable to drive further etc wink_o.gif

lol i hav but the fuel down and the cars, but it seems tha theres still enough fuel, ill fix that in the next release. And yes the mines are scripted, as normal OFP mines dont blow up trucks,or men just tanks.

Too much distance, too much fuel. What about making sure all vehicles (unless you need them) are locked and busted up and simulating a fuel leak on the truck? Not that it isnt fun watching zombies run straight into your speeding truck tounge_o.gif

I got all the way to the end, had no idea where to go so flew north then landed on that island in the N/W and sat in the hanger. After a minute I used the endmission cheat.

lol cack i forgot bout that, too end it fly east from airport! i knew i missed out summin

lol i hav but the fuel down and the cars, but it seems tha theres still enough fuel, ill fix that in the next release. And yes the mines are scripted, as normal OFP mines dont blow up trucks,or men just tanks.

i could refuel my damn truck/car/whatever! wink_o.gif

Ah well i can jus destroy all the fuel stations on the island wen the mission starts, or see if i can set them all to have no fuel in them.

Ah well i can jus destroy all the fuel stations on the island wen the mission starts, or see if i can set them all to have no fuel in them.

myea, good idea...

also, more zombies would be nice... smile_o.gif