Sign in to follow this  
Kaveman

Reducing cpu load?

Hi!

Does the use of disableAI frees more CPU resources?

What else can be done to ease the CPU load when there are lot's of units in the mission area?

I've searched but found nothing relating to this.  sad_o.gif  Any help would be great. Thanx!

I don't really know about disableAI - I suppose it could help a little - but you might find this helpful.

Sweet!!! biggrin_o.gif

That answers a lot of questions I had! Thank you!

You should advertise that page more, maybe some TV Comercials or radio, or maybe just put it in your sig  tounge_o.gif

About the disableAI command... I think that disableAI could help reducing CPU load and lag. For example if i'm going to have civilians in the mission area and I disableAI "target" and "autotarget" on them, maybe the CPU load is less.

Any suggestions on how I can test this? smile_o.gif

Again, thanks mcguba!

Lol glad it helped. OFPEC has a lot of goodies like that.... I written a few so it would make my sig line rather messy. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, testing for lag is tricky. I suggest you get Kegetys new dxdll thing which gives you a frame rate counter (there are other ways of checking frame rate but I don't know what they are) and set up a test mission on Nogova. (Or Tonal, if you have it.) Place a bunch of static objects to put the CPU under pressure then place a whole bunch of units. (Use groups to place them, it'll be quicker.) Give each group a couple of waypoints and use units from both sides so there is a great big fuckoff battle going on.

Now create a trigger

Area: whole map

Activation box: East present

Countdown: 10 10 10

Condition: true

On Activation: "_x disableAI {move}" forEach thislist

Syntax not guaranteed but hopefully you get the idea. 10 seconds into the mission all the east units get disabled and you - watching safely from a hillside - may or may not see an immediate difference in frame rate.