Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

OFPServerStat

I am trying to make a tracking system similar to Marik's stat page:

www.OFPServerStat.com

If you are interested, submit a request in the OFPServerStat forum and your dedicated server will be tracked. Once I have more than 5 servers tracked, an overall player/map tracking system will be up running to report who are the best rated players, what are the most played maps across all tracked dedicated servers. Any comments/suggestions are welcomed.

WKK, ECL and Anth already have such a stats page in place.

do they track multiple servers and report on the extracted data?

i am hoping i can track over 20 servers as starting point and generate report across all servers.

i noticed old data

whats up with that?

you can sign up our server too

rn1.roughnecks.org

your site reg is not working

do they track multiple servers and report on the extracted data?

i am hoping i can track over 20 servers as starting point and generate report across all servers.

ECL's and ANTH's does track multiple servers etc... ECL also has the most sophisticated tracking system I've seen yet. Well at least we have a choice now, unlike before... tounge_o.gif

i noticed old data

whats up with that?

you can sign up our server too

rn1.roughnecks.org

your site reg is not working

site registration should work now - forum working now too.

RN server is being tracked from last night smile_o.gif

I have started reporting on overall player info & map info across the 4 servers being tracked now. Please send me your server IP/port so it would be a real "overall" report smile_o.gif

Now the site could track each individual player and report on his top 20 best games across all tracked servers  smile_o.gif

stat.JPG

Lets say I play one RTS or CTI, capping a lot of towns and making 200+ points by holding several towns for a long time. That would give me a better score than the hard core ranger earning every point by an actual kill, that can shoot back.

Is that taken in to account?

----

Yeah I know, everything has already been written this forum..search before post..and closing thread..

sup certa! i would say any ofp tracking system would be hard to take that kind scenario into account, until BI provides more API for those kind information...

now OFPServerStat could report on each squad status (each squad member's status on different servers), check it out!

squad.JPG

just play "paintball" a couple of times and see how your ratio will go up biggrin_o.gif

when I used to have stats page I made a small adjustment by ignoring scores on some maps that had any instance of "paintball" in it tounge_o.gif

Lets say I play one RTS or CTI, capping a lot of towns and making 200+ points by holding several towns for a long time. That would give me a better score than the hard core ranger earning every point by an actual kill, that can shoot back.

Look at the scores of our server... the players playing the commander in cti are first in the stats with ratings of above 50. Those guys have next to no kills in those missions, they just get massive scores for being commander and earning money.

Any stats page that builds on kills and death in ofp is worth absolutely nothing. You could compute relative values if you knew which side each player was on. But you do not get this info, neither from the logfile nor over the net. And as kills and deaths are the only values you can get over the net, the conclusion is that any stats program is plain worthless as the generated numbers have no meaning at all.

we could remove commander stats from cti, and any server that id not complie would simply be removed, Marik had it so it showed every map and what the points were for each player every map

I just pointed out one example. There are hard and easy missions. Just counting kills and death is pointless. I could make a map which spawns enemies without weapons and shoot hundreds of enemies down in a few minutes. Would give me a hell of a score.

In most ofp missions kills say next to nothing about how good you are. If i grab the only at weapon in a coop, then wait til the tank slaughters most of my team before shooting it they will have died and i will get big points for killing a tank&crew. But those kills say nothing about how good i performed in the game.

I just pointed out one example. There are hard and easy missions. Just counting kills and death is pointless. I could make a map which spawns enemies without weapons and shoot hundreds of enemies down in a few minutes. Would give me a hell of a score.

In most ofp missions kills say next to nothing about how good you are. If i grab the only at weapon in a coop, then wait til the tank slaughters most of my team before shooting it they will have died and i will get big points for killing a tank&crew. But those kills say nothing about how good i performed in the game.

who would wanna use it in a Coop any how it is good for MP and if people are gonna cheat with the stat and make a mission to rack up points most servers have a limit before it tracks and also stats the map played. so in turn makes the stats fairly reliabe with a little comon sense biggrin_o.gif

on Mariks i think it recorded human player kills, AI kills we not taken into effect, should do the same here

I think OFP tracking is for amusement only  biggrin_o.gif

Without server log file, nothing is accurate or meaningful, would love to see similar server log files as existed in HL/CS introduced in OFP2 so server stats could be better tracked.

I would think the only useful information is how a server is drawing players over time, and how many times a map being played, what is the most popular server, map, etc

server1.JPG

Tracking players won't achieve anything meaningful, i agree. The tracking is rather a "macro" indicator instead of a "micro" one. For players who intentionally want to improve their "score", it would also be too obvious to everyone: (the real painball player)

player1.JPG

However, the general trend you can view in the player's performance chart would approximately tell you how this player is doing over time, unless he plays paintball all the time  tounge_o.gif

player2.JPG

just eliminate AI kills or have both seperate

AI kills any noob can do but human player kills are very relivant regardless of map, a kill is a kill in that regard

also can you add or combine both our servers

rn1.roughnecks.org Whore house - 64.27.26.116

rn2.roughnecks.org Road House - 66.79.180.220 <-this is tracked now and used to be the whore house

i think combining both RN servers is a better approach, but i have to do it some later time, right now the hosting company is causing my troubles, i have to settle them down first before i can do more interesting stuff sad_o.gif

yea it was posted some were that the sripting ties up memory with the mysql data base

we have our own web server with a teribyte monthly xfer and 1 gig ram but RN foodstamp all ready told me no touchy lol

i can get yea a web server as owner for about $55 a month US, 2.4 ghz celery 1 gig ram and a terribyte with a pure 100 mbit line