Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

poblems with dedicated server.

Ok i started server and i got this problem/

After recieing data evryone gets back to slots selecting screen and admins crash to the mission selection screen saying cannot load mission jam2 i tried to play standart OFp missions without addons and i get this error!

Broken addon on the server. Can't tell you which though, as broken addons normally break missions that do NOT use them and the error message normally does not show the broken addon but the addon it depends upon.

you can use this link for a few days to see what file should be used on a server

ftp://addons@rn1.roughnecks.org

this is a back up copy of our server and you can download files as you need (linux or winOS)

the addons are set up to reduce memory usage but not running an addon more then once (try to as best you can, having 1 or two addons loaded twice wont hurt a server)

I think this is the closet thread to which I searched for...

the problem i am having is that most every OH-58 map, the server would say... Cannot load mission, missing addon bas_kiowapack... missions like the coop Airport-1. When we put the addon in, it still did nothing... i've tried uploading my own addons, cwc and res folders. I have also test the maps off the server and they dont give any errors.

this is hard to Explain

you have to View a PBO as a ZIP file, and the information in some of those files in side the PBO can act like Links on a web page

even tho you have the PBO - it may be refering to a broken link inside it self or out side it self due to a Type-O

We've all seen some really weird shit like the missing Suzuki Sport bike

some odd addon actually refers to it's older version and the error pops up allot

it's basically sloppy addon making

it's like some leagues when they release self extracting EXEs for thier Mod folders

you look in the folder and see all sorts of un-needed shit (early wgl/tnt/twl)

heh

happy hunting

Well actually we do not have any league mods or anything installed at the present moment... thats what confused me... it was all basic addons and maps.

remove the bas_kiowa from the addon folder(s) that you start OFP with and you wont get that error anymore

it wasn't in there to start with... then we put it in there, and that didnt work so we took it out. But eventually we fixed the problem by re-doing the server all over again from scratch...