Sign in to follow this  
Psycho1

Locks up when trying multiplayer

After a long absense, I finally have high speed internet and reinstalled OFP+Resistance. The single player missions/campaigns work but the game totally locks up when I click multiplayer at the main screen or if I use a program like the All Seeing Eye to join a game. I installed OFP, then Resistance, then applied the 1.96 patch. After that didn't work, I uninstalled both and patched the original OFP to 1.46 before installing Resistance....still have the same problem. Any thoughts on what the problem may be?

When you uninstall it removes all addons correct? I looked at my addons folder and I'm not seeing any of the addons I had installed before.

I have a cable modem by the way.....I don't remember having this problem when I had my super fast 56k dialup access crazy_o.gif

If you have a PC-based firewall, make sure it isn't trying to pop up an access confirmation dialog underneath the full-screen OFP window.

Programs such as ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security are signature-based, and when you upgrade or patch an application, the file signature will change, so any old permissions you granted the application will be lost.

Very good point...I forgot to ask about that. I have ZoneAlarm Pro but I'd hate to disable it. I manually added Resistance as a trusted program and it's saying 1.96 as the version so it shouldn't be giving me the "recently changed" notification....I'll turn it off really quick to test it out.

Bah, it is my firewall. Is there any possible way to get around this issue short of turning off my firewall? Other free firewall software that won't cause these probs?

I had the same problem with Zone Alarm.. but I can't remember how I fixed it... But I know I fixed it! wink_o.gif I think mabye you have to make sure ALL of your flashpoint related programs are granted full access or something...... (meaning all-seeing eye, opfwatch, resistance196.exe, etc...) Hope this inspires you to strokes of genius!

Luckily, you don't have to disable it.

Try the following: add the switches -window -x=800 -y=600 to the shortcut that you use to launch OFP, and start the game. Create a multiplayer server, at which point the ZoneAlarm dialog should pop up. Because OFP isn't running in full-screen mode, you should be able to grant it the necessary permissions and save the changes. Now exit OFP and remove the switches from the shortcut.

(Edit: Fixed one of the switches: -windows should have been -window)

I just disabled program alerts and it works fine now. Thanks for the help.