Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

Certain nVidia drivers having no fog

Certain nVidia drivers having no fog

New version that detects this ?

I am sure we all know the rest, and how it affects Multiplayer

(eg: people cheating using certain nVidia drivers, on certain hardware to get no fog, and 'claim' they selected it based on benchmark score......pffffttt......how lame do they think admins are ?)

Might also be some people unware they are even cheating ?

Comments, New version that detects it on the horizon ?

do they have the same visiblity like other players or can they see everything (I have my doubts that a nVidia card may handle this)?

I wounder how this looks like for the user of this drivers.

If they have the same visibility like other players they might be unware that this is cheating anyway.

well, you can't actually shoot somebody from 1600 metres distance eh?

offcourse is gives you an advantace, like setting up an ambush... anyhow, i don't think there will be a patch, OFP knows little cheaters and when there are reports coming out they are available for Multiplayer i think the reports are more disturbing then the cheater...

if SUMA reads this - PLZ make some kind of "punkbuster" style anti-cheat program to combat cheats for OFP-2 because some smart asses now have ways of modifying Direct3D stuff that has nothing to do with modified OFP files (.pbo and etc) which are can't be detected by server's filechecker....:( but anyway I will continue play OFP online, 2.5 years of playing won't make cheaters stop me  tounge_o.gif  smile_o.gif

NKVD (or anyone else)

What files are changed to let them cheat, I'll add them to a CRC32 authentication when / if I ever get around to it.

Eg: If someone updates their Direct X, I don't care if they can't play for a week or so until they update the 'CRC32 Server Authentication', when the 'new Direct X version' aware update is released (assuming I code one up) they will be able to play again.

Not like Microsoft is releasing Direct X updates frequently.

But at least 'my idea' of blocking cheaters actually works.

Oh yeah, remind myself (when I re-read these forums in 3 months) to block the known dodgy video drivers by adding CRC32 to the ban list, with an error indicating:

"Possible Cheat Detected:"

"The fog with the video driver you are using is not rendered correctly and thus a form of cheating, whether you know this or not, it is. It has been over 7 months since the video driver you are using was released, and many more stable versions that are compatible with all games are available. Please install latest video driver from http://www.nvidia.com, to continue playing on this sever.

The reason this driver benchmarks higher, is because it does not render distance fog, and as such gives players a longer 'sharp' viewdistance in games, which is a form of cheating, anyway a 5% boost is not worth being banned from gaming, and makes games using fog look much better

Regards,

The AntiCheat commnuity"

What do you think ?

there is all ready an Anti Cheat team - they have put most OFP stuff on hold for OFP2

and you cant detect fog cheats with file checks as this is run through settings on the video cards driver/dreivers and memory

you can actualy gain a few yard of sight with some well known OFP settings combined with other OFP settings, they help, but not overly to much

the only thing we do on our server is play non fog maps

OFP looks better this way any ways, and those extreme killers scores drop to noob type scores smile_o.gif

been like that for years on our server