Sign in to follow this  
wildbrumby

Operation manhunt? (guba's escaped!)

I'm having no end of trouble with Red Dawn. I've played it once; everything worked out ok. I stole Guba's boat, played around with that, and then came back to find him patiently standing on the shore. I just gave him a lift. But now everything is different. I got into the Russian Hind, and destroyed the Scud and the four shilkas. Plus I blew up every stick of armour on the island except for two T 80s at the top of the island. So, now it's time to find Guba. I leave a sniper guarding the place where Guba's boat used to be (I blew it up  biggrin_o.gif ), and got into the chopper. I picked up a UAZ approaching, so I landed at the dock again and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally I went looking for that UAZ again. I found it parked at an old burnt down town. So I shoot the driver (Col. Estev?). But Guba is nowhere to be found. His Spetnaz guards are on the hill above the dock, however. I killed them off. So for ages I roamed around the entire island by jeep, helicopter, and UAZ looking for Guba. I even checked out his house! He's nowhere to be seen. I also checked out the town where he stops for awhile (where the T 80 arrives). I got all my guys and I set up a base of operations in a Soviet fort that I captured. I've got a fully functional T 80, an M 113, a jeep with a machine gun, a helicopter, and a fuel truck. So where do I start looking for him? Any suggestions? It's really frustrating. I've got a squad that I can drop on any point of the map without resistance, but I need to know where to drop them!

I'd say replay the mission from scratch, steal the Hind, blow the SCUD up really fast. Then follow the long northern road untill your gunner reports and incoming UAZ. Parajump out, take position in the middle of the road. Nail the driver, the two guards and run up to Guba. Mission complete.

look around the road he was supposed to ride along. It happens sometimes that (it is a game feature; bad or good it's up to U to decide) car driver goes against an object and "decides" to leave the vehicle. Usualy Guba either goes the scheduled road (two places: little harbour or a one of the little villages at the north end of Kogujev) or stays and waits at the place where he was left.

Just keep looking for him.

Thanks guys. I'm going to keep on looking for him I guess until I get tired of it. More realistic that way. But it's been quite fun actually. The Soviets have no known forces left on the map now. I'd love to see my score at the end! What I've done is sped up time so that it's now the next morning. I can see better that way. I really had to crack up at the Russians though. They contributed to their own defeat. Myself and my sniper were being chased by an angry T 80. I thought that both of us were goners. But then I hear this huge explosion and a scream. Smoke starts billowing up near the shore line. I went over and had a look. Turns out that the Reds had driven their T 80 into the sea for some reason. I didn't stop smiling for about 5 minutes.

guba is probably at the seachore. if the boat is destroyed he pas that waypoint and then he have a waypoint in the sea. he can be on two places:

1 somewhere at the cost

2at the botto off the sea. when he had the waypoint out there in the sea he maybe jut wen't out there and drowned. maybe biggrin_o.gif

If he died you'd have a big red cross next to the capture Guba objective wink_o.gif

Race to the Hind, fly west to the base near the General's house, kill the General, then cross back east over the island (Avoiding the End trigger at the base where you started). Once you've crossed the body of the island, fly north until you reach the peninsula at the tip of Northeast Kolgujev, then find and destroy the Scud. Gastovski will inform Papa Bear that Guba had an accident, and you can RTB for a successful end to the mission.