Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

The forward observer

Today ladies and gentlemen i finished my first OFP mission ever (well, to be in the state of public relase that is)

its called "The forward observer" and is a mission made with SFP (swedish forces pack) 3.0 and CoC UA 1.0

it contains 2 film sequnces (a intro and a in game)

it comes in 2 versions, 1 swedish and 1 english (english subtext and breifing)

you play the role as a swedish FO the first day of a russian invasion (just a few hours after the actual invasion)

and your mission is to lead artillery fire (who would have thought ey) ;)

i have more or less worked with this mission for almoast a year (even though i´ve made conscript service during the time)

no i only need a host for the files (2 .rar files @ 8278kb each)

and then we go smile_o.gif

someone willing to host?

i would appreciat if i can get some feedback on this mission so i can make a even better mission next time smile_o.gif

what, almost 100 views and noone has given me feedback?

maybe i should throw in a couple of links to SFP 3.0 and CoC UA?

SFP 3.0

CoC UA 1.0

My review comments:

I liked it ... good intro and good cut scene.  Really helped. smile_o.gif

I understand a little Swedish, so I was able to understand most of the Swedish menu items.  Also, I've played with SFP before, so I'm familiar with SFP.  smile_o.gif

1st try results: Wasn't able to complete the second objective, but I don't know why.  I had killed everything in the main camp, and everything in the second camp.  All vehicles destroyed, etc.  Couldn't find a living enemy.  Had a long walk to B2, but didn't end the mission, so I didn't get to see the outro and score.

Pros:

(1)  Liked the combination of SFP and CoC Arty.

(2)  Liked the intro and in-game cutscenes.  Excellent!

Recommendations:

(1)  Too long of a walk to B2.  Maybe I shouldn't have destroyed the helocopter in the secondary camp to make the journey quicker. If this was part of the mission idea, you might want to mention this in the mission briefing notes.  Alternatively, you could make the evac point closer.

(2)  Maybe I didn't get the secondary objective complete because of some lone hiding enemy that I couldn't find.  I don't know if this was the reason, but I'd recommend a sensor circle radius just large enough to cover the primary camp (for the second objective).  If the radius is too large, the enemy might be hiding under a tree or bush and be very difficult to find.  

(3)  Add a few more patrols protecting the enemy's base and camp.  And a few more around the ruins would be good.

Notes:

I loaded only the following addons for this game: SFP V3.0, COC Arty, and this mission's addon.  No addon problems.

Best regards,

mganik

Good Job! smile_o.gif

Just finished it. Was quite easy, but that's ok for me. walk-in-the-park-like.  tounge_o.gif

When I tried it 1st time, the 2nd objective

didn't finish, although i destroyed everything.

But it worked 2nd time, so I guess one of the soldiers

escaped.Perhaps have a look at that again.

I didn't really understand what the intro has to do with  themission, but the music was ok and i like those

"battlesounds", they create a kind of "invasion atmosphere".

Pretty good first mission, I'd like to see more from you. wink_o.gif

Greetz klotzkopf

My review comments:

I liked it ... good intro and good cut scene.  Really helped. smile_o.gif

I understand a little Swedish, so I was able to understand most of the Swedish menu items.  Also, I've played with SFP before, so I'm familiar with SFP.  smile_o.gif

1st try results: Wasn't able to complete the second objective, but I don't know why.  I had killed everything in the main camp, and everything in the second camp.  All vehicles destroyed, etc.  Couldn't find a living enemy.  Had a long walk to B2, but didn't end the mission, so I didn't get to see the outro and score.

Pros:

(1)  Liked the combination of SFP and CoC Arty.

(2)  Liked the intro and in-game cutscenes.  Excellent!

Recommendations:

(1)  Too long of a walk to B2.  Maybe I shouldn't have destroyed the helocopter in the secondary camp to make the journey quicker. If this was part of the mission idea, you might want to mention this in the mission briefing notes.  Alternatively, you could make the evac point closer.

(2)  Maybe I didn't get the secondary objective complete because of some lone hiding enemy that I couldn't find.  I don't know if this was the reason, but I'd recommend a sensor circle radius just large enough to cover the primary camp (for the second objective).  If the radius is too large, the enemy might be hiding under a tree or bush and be very difficult to find.  

(3)  Add a few more patrols protecting the enemy's base and camp.  And a few more around the ruins would be good.

Notes:

I loaded only the following addons for this game: SFP V3.0, COC Arty, and this mission's addon.  No addon problems.

Best regards,

mganik

well, you should hav got a "Objective completed" if you kill everything in the 2nd objective if not, well, ther´s obviousley enemy alive, did you kill those at the fuelstation? (they count)

all enemies between obj 1 and 2 count but not if they cross the "border" (fence) at the fuel station (going from 2 - 1 after 1 is completed)

IF both are completed the radio should work (0.0.1) and the game should end.. as it is now there is no ending at B2 (might fix that though)

i´ll also place a few cars or something on the map that can get you out of there if needed (still, you should´nt be able to end the mission if it´s not completed)

Good Job! smile_o.gif

Just finished it. Was quite easy, but that's ok for me. walk-in-the-park-like.  tounge_o.gif

When I tried it 1st time, the 2nd objective

didn't finish, although i destroyed everything.

But it worked 2nd time, so I guess one of the soldiers

escaped.Perhaps have a look at that again.

I didn't really understand what the intro has to do with  themission, but the music was ok and i like those

"battlesounds", they create a kind of "invasion atmosphere".

Pretty good first mission, I'd like to see more from you. wink_o.gif

Greetz klotzkopf

the cut scene is for a possible 2nd mission in the series ;)

if i get good creds for this i might just make it (havn´t started it yet)

i will try to make this mission harder (i know its easy, but hey.. im a noob ya know ;) (have finished it ones) :P

i WILL try to fix some other issues too (mabe i´ll just make the area the enemy can hide in a bit smaller for Obj 2)

and there WILL be more enemies ;)

I'll try it (don't have time today though) and give you some feedback. smile_o.gif

I'll try it (don't have time today though) and give you some feedback. smile_o.gif

thanks, appreciate that someone from COC will try it..

i guess it will be a walk in the park for you too ;)

i now have some plans to make it a bit harder...

so... any more feedback?

right now i´m waiting for CoC UA 1.1 and SFP 4.0

then i´ll probably make a MP version of this mission too

Sorry, forgot to post. I tried it a couple of days ago.

Not bad. I didn't get it to work with UA 1.1 at first, but after some editing I got it to work. Nice cutscenes, especically the radio segment contributed to the atmosphere. Otherwise it was very easy to complete. Callin in artillery strikes on an unsuspecting enemy is shomehow easier than direct engagement wink_o.gif

yeah, i´ll probably add some more elements of surprice...

AND i have desided to make a series of missione loosely tied together (not a campaign)

ok, now i would be very happy if everyone that has played my mission would post or send me suggestions how to make this mission harder

and also suggestions to changes smile_o.gif

remember, the next version will most likely have a coop version too

the things i can think of is, less artillery and some more enemies (maybe rais the skill of the enemies too)

more sugestions?