hit=40; indirectHit=20; indirectHitRange=2;

minRange=20;minRangeProbab=0.80;

midRange=500;midRangeProbab=0.95;

maxRange=3000;maxRangeProbab=0.05;

cost=30;

};

};

Ah I see!

I am now paying for my sleeping throug most of my Object Oriented Programming lectures crazy_o.gif

By the way, just to recap: I have given it my own classname, and if I leave the pathnames alone and change the file name, I have an addon dependency that requires the original UFO for it to work correctly, correct?

Correct.  If you leave the pathnames pointing to the original UFO .pbo file, then the original file will have to be placed into your addons folder in order for your modification to work.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\01F5",0.850,0.320};

If I want to change this, I assume I replace "Vehicles" with my own filename, and give the full filename, such as "engine.ogg"?

Yes.

It should look something like

soundEngine[]={"\UFO\Engine.ogg",0.850,0.320};

Just so you know, the first number after the filename controls how loud the sound is and the second number controls the pitch.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soundEngine[]={"Vehicles\01F5",0.850,0.320};

If I want to change this, I assume I replace "Vehicles" with my own filename, and give the full filename, such as "engine.ogg"?

Yup.

Sorry about the extra {};

not very helpful when doing this sort of thing. My bad sad_o.gif

Yup.

Sorry about the extra {};

not very helpful when doing this sort of thing. My bad sad_o.gif

ROFL, are you kidding, you were great help, just like dharbert, you will both get mentioned in the readme smile_o.gif

Its my bad too, if I hadnt slept in my OO Programming lectures, I would have seen it straight away wink_o.gif

If I want to change gun sounds, I have to include the lines in the default class, don't I? Or in the weapons/ammo classes?

Gah, any ideas how I can avoid the engine sounding terribly loopy? crazy_o.gif

Gah, any ideas how I can avoid the engine sounding terribly loopy? crazy_o.gif

Get a sound that loops well tounge_o.gif

As for the gun sounds, they are in the cfgweapons class, you have to change them in your little sub class (you can only change the default class by changing the entire game config)

from the machinegun30 (from which the zsu inherits):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sound[]={"Weapons\automatic_cannon",db10,1};

add that line to your weapons' config, and change the sound to one of your choosing.

Yupp, got it to work smile_o.gif

The engine sound is a bit annoying, but I just decided that its a feature biggrin_o.gif

Its good enough for now smile_o.gif Anybody want it? (Have no webspace though)

I've had to fix a few addons with that annoying clicking/popping sound in the engine. I use GoldWave to fix them. It has a hiss/pop reduction feature. Or, if it's a .wav file you can simply use Windows built-in Audio Recorder to cut out the bad part so it will loop correctly, I've had to do that as well.

I've got webspace if you can get the file to me.