Sign in to follow this  
Unnamed_

Ai forward observer & mortar packs

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, perhaps modifiy the velocity? gotta see

Thats not a bad idea, changing the M110's velocity would give you more elevation, but in the scripts I have to compensate for how the mortar addons have been setup to fire, using the function LaInterp.sqf. You would still have to change some paramters.

Quote[/b] ]No worries, IF I put it out for public consumption, I'll probably forward it to you and let YOU release it, <could care less about "fame">

Sure, it makes sense to keep everything together. But there is no fame to be found at the back of a dusty readme, only courtesy smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]just want stuff to do what I want, ya know?

Depends on what you want. Like CoC I tried to cover as many requirements from mission makers as I could. If you wanted to use the M110's in a specific mission just use DoWatch and Fire with a bit of trial and error. I have a spreadsheet and a mission to test the trajectories of the Mortars, I could send you those or send me the M110 and I'll see if it will work.

Quote[/b] ]P.S. You're code is smaller than CoC's arty scripts, I've been working on adding WWII arty to them and OMFG! these guys must live in closets with UV lights to keep their skin healthy>

I heard that CoC, while they worked. Had there brows mopped with Coconut milk, by attentive, sultry maidens smile_o.gif

But really there should be less code, as it probably consitiutes a quarter (if that) of the functionality thats available with CoC's UA.

Well, I can send you something to look at if you want, but

1) either you need INV1944 demo installed or I need to redo the .cpp to use stock troops.

2) You have to understand that it isn't for release, isn't intended for release, and shouldn't be released <basically it uses things from other folks, and I don't even want to get into that kind of row.

So lemme know if you want to take a look.

Quote[/b] ]1) either you need INV1944 demo installed or I need to redo the .cpp to use stock troops.

When I wrote those scripts I did not have any Mortars for standrad OFP. If you update the content of parameters.sqf with the type and weapon name of the Addon you want to use, that should be enough.

Quote[/b] ]2) You have to understand that it isn't for release, isn't intended for release, and shouldn't be released <basically it uses things from other folks, and I don't even want to get into that kind of row.

So lemme know if you want to take a look.

Sure thing. If I can help out, then mail it to me.