Sign in to follow this  
wildbrumby

Defeated by defender

Ok, I'm stuck. I got the Operation Flashpoint GOTY edition the other week (demo got me hooked) and I've progressed in the Cold War Crisis campaign to the Defender mission where you have to lay mines and blow up all the incoming Russian tanks. I think that mission's rigged, myself. I lay my mines, right. The first tank in the column goes over, gets blown up. Then all other tanks (about three) leave the road, go into the bush, and return higher up. I tried everything, including putting mines up the road a bit, but nothing seems to work. The best I can do is take out one tank, and then just try taking out three T 80s with one LAW launcher! Needless to say, I'm soon dead. If the tanks escape, they'll blow up your M 113 coming to pick you up, making you walk back to the NATO base. Once you get there, there are Russians all over the place and about four tanks. Is there an easy way to win this mission?

A few suggestions from a vet:

1) Post in the correct forum tounge_o.gif

2) When you lay the mines, lay just one mine on the road. The others will usually break formation and go past the destroyed tank on the right hand side. Watch them a few times and you will see a pattern, you can thus plant your mines so that you could get three of them at once.

3) Mines destroy the tank, but the crew can make it out alive. Watch for infantry when the tanks are blown up.

4) Hide behind one of the rocks on top of the hill, you may live long enough to take most of them out.

5) Good luck smile_o.gif