Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Php nuke addon for linux servers

since i totally dislike Linux and it's really sexy user interface (all chuckle here) i have asked my main server Admin who is very fluent in PHP to make me an Admin Module for PHP based Squad sites

what this will have is the regular stop and start, but with a form to fill out with pull down bars to select what mods you would like to run (plus a open command line for additional commands -nomap -port=666 ect)

you'll be able to edit the server.cfg, and ban.txt file with in this script as well

and as a teaser you'll have the option to upload files with a pull down menu of all folders (may have delete option for files we'll see)

the module will work with regular templates to look good with your site and will have a configurable script that will ask you for login info for the linux based server

we may add in a password option for that page but since you'll have access to the nuke admin it might be pointless

now our techie guy does more security then any thing else so the script will be very secure and only the data you enter will be stored in your mysql data base which should be secure

the code will be free to edit but copy writed to him, we are paying him so we will set up a donate to him button but the file will be still free

he hates windows so we may never get around to setting it for W32 bit but some one else may try

with this script you'll now beable to have full php and php nuke control over you OFP server (and hopefully OFP2)

any wants or questions let me know

Much more things in than in my module for postnuke. I'm interested on how it is done with the security and the optional command line to start the server (which user is used to run the server).

Security on linux box. On how to start the server with php commands... not security of nuke.

I for myself use sudo for starting the server over php, so that it runs as another user. So there is the question how they wanna do it with starting of the server and additional commands in the commandline.

It's just that i read that php nuke (more than post nuke or any of the other cms alternatives) has had several security flaws in the past and is supposed to turn up more often in insecurity news in the future. I am thinking about doing something like that (eg https sites with login for admins to do various things with the server) in the future too, but will most probably write something from scratch to teach myself php or something. Although i have no idea right now when this will be. Right now the admins have SSH access and i have written scripts (and alias and sudo rules) for them to let them do most anything on the server (stopping, starting, changing mods, installing maps). Actually, anyone can install maps, as i have a script checking an ftp folder and installing anything that looks like a mission to it in a nondestructive way. So atm a webfrontend is not really needed, although it would be cool for those non-unix guys.

Right now the admins have SSH access and i have written scripts (and alias and sudo rules) for them to let them do most anything on the server (stopping, starting, changing mods, installing maps).

This is something, that I do not allow on my server. Maximum security on the linux box. No shell-access for people. Only for me.

there will be nuke flaws yes, but since the nuke command lines will only have access to the that user the server runs off not much can be done as most commands have been disabled on our box unless you're root, and even then thats disabled (well hidden)

im still new to linsux but i have a guru helping us out since the can hosts webs servers for me as well, i cant wait to pop the 3.2 ghz HT Zeon in this baby

but i swear if OFP2 is not multy threaded i will personly kill Bis web site with my OFp server lol and then swich to P4 3.4 prescots and over clock the shit out of them

as for server access i let most RNs have access if they are puter/os capable

but not ssh like you said