Sign in to follow this  
AKK

Error: texturename too long

Ok I dont per say have a prob with loading textures.

But! I am working with a mod group and when I try and load certain textures from the bunker pack I get that damn error: texture name too long. I can fix it by changing the name and shortening it but I want to use the textures allready there and not have to duplicate then with another name. Cause if I have to keep doing that the file will be full of double textures

why me and not anyone else?

I looked in the options menu but could find nothing relevent (at least I think) to texture name length.

Any ideas?

Either shorten the name of the texture, or just leave it as is. I haven't found any negative effects from having the name too long. If there are any....someone let me know! biggrin_o.gif

There just isn't more space reserved for texture name than 31 characters in MLOD files. If you somehow manage to use longer paths (i.e. hex editor), it will overwrite other important data in your models.

You can however use some placeholder texture names and replace them after binarizing, ODOL files do not have same limitations on texture filename length.

if u have folder named textures, and in ur textures than the problem will hapend.U understand!U must have textures in same folder as p3d file when u texture it .If u have textures in diferent folder than p3d u recive an error "texture name to long!!" smile_o.gif

I like the idea of the place holder names. so how do I go about doing that?