Sign in to follow this  
RonSilver

Problems with creating Lan game

I am very new into this, just bought Flashpoint two days ago but I am already facing problems (and oh man that online gaming needs improving).

I go to the multiplayer menu to start a langame and choose my island and mission and press ok but then it happens, well actually it doesn't. Nothing happens. I can keep pressing ok but it doesn't respond at all.

Does creating a server on netwerk require other people on the netwerk running OFP at that same moment before I can set my server up or is there another reason into this.

I hope someone can help me explain how to deal with this problem.

Silver out-->

I have the same problem.  It used to work fine and then it quit.  I have removed and reinstalled and still no go.  Everything else is just ducky.  

I'm taking a serious stab in the dark here but are any of you using Internet connection sharing? If so, uninstall it!

I have'nt heard of one game that it does'nt cause problems with, except EverQuest.

That's all I can think of... Good luck!

/0

Maj

(Edited by MajHavoc at 6:32 am on Nov. 3, 2001)

You shouldnt need anyone else on your lan to start a server. You can play by yourself if you want to. Are you having any other kind of network problems? Are you using a software firewall? Shut down any un-needed proccess that are running BEFORE you start the game.

Also, each time you patch, run the Opflash preferences autodetect again.

Most don't need it but it has got a couple buds up and running again.

I am using XP and found that the firewall feature is inhibiting it somehow. Disable it and OFP works just fine. I tried putting in the settings for OFP (port 2234) into the firewall (which worked just fine with ZoneAlarm) but it didn't help. Any ideas on what the settings should be?

I have a problem, where if I host a new game, it just drops me to the desktop. This happens on all 3 computers I have here, all with XP and no firewall running. I've never had any problems with internet connection sharing on any MP game I've ever played. I have tryed it with both internet connection sharing on and off... can't figure it out.

Yeah thats wat happens to me too. If I open a multiplayer map using the editor and preview the thing it just kicks back to desktop. I have got Windows XP with internet sharing, but I am the one with the active connection to internet, so I share my connection to the netwerk which works perfectly. I never had problems with any game, Half-Life, UT, Quake3 etc all work except for Flashpoint.

MY god ALL u have to do is just get any old IP in the TCP/IP options, then i'all work for shure !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from jonoager on 9:21 pm on Nov. 4, 2001

I am using XP and found that the firewall feature is inhibiting it somehow.  Disable it and OFP works just fine.  I tried putting in the settings for OFP (port 2234) into the firewall (which worked just fine with ZoneAlarm) but it didn't help.  Any ideas on what the settings should be?

<span id='postcolor'>

I have similair problems with OFP/MP and firewalls. I have tried both SYGATE and ZONEALARM. The problem is as follows: I can set up a server... Players can join the server we can also start to play but when (for some reason) we want to close the game (ESC and Cancel) ofp crashing. When I disable the Firewall everything works fine!!!!!    

What Firewalls can be used (among the free ones)  and not causing OFP to crash.  

I am using OFP 1.26 ver.