Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Trap mission, i only find one tank

In the trap mission in resistance the FAQ advices you to

'Go to Ea63 and hop in your tanks '

assuming there more than one tank. But I only find one T55 tank here. And my impression is that it's very weak tank. It soons get eliminated in the battle.

So how much of the further FAQ instructions is it a good idea to follow? Should I send the T55 and let the reamianing people walk to the suggested positions?

I've just had a look and I'm seeing a T-80 and three T-55s there.

Derek

At EA63 and not the tanks in tiger group? Strange there is only one T55 at EA63 when I play. Not that I miss the T55 they seems to be eliminated as soon as they are spotted, but I would not say No to a T80.

BTW I use version 1.91.

Have you lost a few tanks in previous missions? Im thinking they're not there because they were destroyed in a previous mission. You can either live with it and fight on or revert to the last tank mission and keep them in one piece.

Have you lost a few tanks in previous missions? Im thinking they're not there because they were destroyed in a previous mission. You can either live with it and fight on or revert to the last tank mission and keep them in one piece.

That sounds as a reasonable explanation. I will at least start trying to live with it. But it's not easy, I have the impression I'm up against overwhelming forces.

You are. The amount of tanks they have plus the infantry make it almost impossible. I completed it once out of sheer luck because I, too, had a single measly T55. The second time round, all I had there was a UAZ! crazy_o.gif I eventually had to use the ENDMISSION cheat. It was all I could do to keep from throwing my PC out of my window in frustration!

To all RFBs - So. I cheated. So what? It's a game! wink_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I eventually had to use the ENDMISSION cheat.

*bitch slaps Skul

You've befouled the 11th commandment - Dont cheat, jerk

tounge_o.gif

(Uses bitch-slap-convert-to-health cheat then man-bitch slaps Munk)

Don't slap like a woman, bitch! Anyways, it's the only time I've used a cheat in OFP.

Now, just try taking on Petrovice which has 5 million soldiers, MG emplacements, tank reinforcements and no good points to attack from with some drunk tank crews and a UAZ! tounge_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I beat that mission with one T-80. I just charged in from the south and killed everyone in my path. I didn't get hit once, though I expended about 30 HEAT shells and all of my machinegun ammo. My favorite part was when I wedged my tank in between the two tall apartments and blasted the enemy reinforcements as they drove by biggrin_o.gif .

You are. The amount of tanks they have plus the infantry make it almost impossible. I completed it once out of sheer luck because I, too, had a single measly T55. The second time round, all I had there was a UAZ! crazy_o.gif I eventually had to use the ENDMISSION cheat. It was all I could do to keep from throwing my PC out of my window in frustration!

To all RFBs - So. I cheated. So what? It's a game! wink_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

How do I do this cheat?

The amount of tanks they have plus the infantry make it almost impossible.

I completed it on Veteran with super AI with no casualties, without using any armour.  smile_o.gif

Derek

it's the only time I've used a cheat in OFP.

I used it a all the time when I first got the game and a few during resistance (normally when the mission wouldnt end even though everything within a 10 mile radius was dead). But I've played through all the campaigns again without cheating now I know what the hell im doing.

Quote[/b] ]Now, just try taking on Petrovice which has 5 million soldiers, MG emplacements, tank reinforcements and no good points to attack from with some drunk tank crews and a UAZ! tounge_o.gif

Sounds like a usual night out for me, well the drunken part anyway tounge_o.gif

The amount of tanks they have plus the infantry make it almost impossible.

I completed it on Veteran with super AI with no casualties, without using any armour. smile_o.gif

Derek

Yeah me to. That mission was tough but not impossible.

The trick to fighting a large number of AI enemies in OFP is to stay beyond 350-400 meters and use snipers and machineguns. I usually pick up an M21 (after the mission Contraband obviously), give two of my guys Dragunovs, two guys get PKs, and the rest AKs. And everyone gets an RPG (except the machinegunners obviously). I take out the enemy snipers and emplacement machineguns first (if any) and then keep right clicking on the targets to report them to snipers and PK guys. Just make sure they have a clear line of sight. Tell them to move or change the formation until they can see the enemy.

In the mission "Trap", I picked a good spot South-East of Petrovice out of field of view of Soviet armor, about 400 meters from the city. We annihilated the infantry with long range fire. Some T72s and BMPs approached our position and they were promptly greeted by a salvo or RPGs.

I called in the tanks (radio alpha and bravo) when there was literally nothing live left in the city save for a single T80. We could have taken it out with RPGs too, but I didn't want a "failed" mark on the debriefing for failing to call the tanks.